Dragon Quest VIII - Can't save to Memory Card after Savestate
What is this issue exactly? Even if I load my save file from the memory card, once I load my save state, it can't find the memory card anymore, and can't save. Is this a known issue or did I mess up somewhere.

Sponsored links

Try enabling/disabling the "auto-eject memorycards when loading savestates" option under "Config > Memory Cards", also if you can retry searching for the memory card then do it a few times more.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(11-05-2011, 09:11 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Try enabling/disabling the "auto-eject memorycards when loading savestates" option under "Config > Memory Cards", also if you can retry searching for the memory card then do it a few times more.

Hey man (man?), thanks for the quick reply!! I thought I'd have to wait a while!! What an oddly specific option (I saw something like that in the PCSX2 window), but I turned it off and everything's peachy! What is that option for exactly? I can see it having something to do with autosaving but I can't figure it out.
This option is for protecting your memory cards against possible corruption savestates can cause.
You can enable it again btw. Just try the save dialog a couple more times and it'll work.
(11-05-2011, 09:32 AM)rama Wrote: This option is for protecting your memory cards against possible corruption savestates can cause.
You can enable it again btw. Just try the save dialog a couple more times and it'll work.

So if I leave it enabled, and talk to the person a few times, it'll find the memory card?
Maybe, just try it and see but I remember a couple games where no matter what, it won't find the memcard again until you restart the game and stop using save states so I just keep it disabled myself.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64