Dragon Quest VIII - Cutscene Framedrop
(05-10-2015, 04:29 AM)refraction Wrote: MTVU is a speedhack, MTGS was an option back in the day to put the GS on a separate thread, before PCSX2 was stable over multiple cores

There you can see I am using pcsx2 for a long time now... Laugh

I knew that there was a MTGS speedhack.

Sponsored links

Oh damn guys. I'm really sorry to call on you again, but I found another errorr. Probably you know what I mean:

There are some few cutscenes with a sepia tone, which are quite interesting (first one in the tower of alexandria) and the second one after the last member joined your party (where he talks about his past).
But, I don't see any shades or any shapes. It's just a pitch-sepia-tone screen. But I hear the voices, and sometimes a few shapes appear.

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Peace, Deceptive~
Try pressing F9.
You are amazing. Works perfect. What does F9 do?

Peace Deceptive~
F9 toggle SW/HW renderer, SW renderer is more accurate but has less features and is mostly more demanding than HW renderer.

There if also a manual gamefix to toggle SW mode in cutscenes.You might want to enable that.
Ah ok. Thanks a lot! Would you recommend using F9 toggled the whole time? Or would this cause any more troubles.

Peace, Deceptive~
Using the software renderer you can not upscale and are therefore restricted to native resolution.

I would suggest to enable the manual gamefix 'switch to sw renderer while fmv plays' or something like that.
Since fmv's/cutscenes can not be upscaled you don't loose anything.

For most games the HW renderer will be just fine.
just hit f9 for FMV and then hit it agian when it is over., i always thought PCSX2 switched to software mode for FMV by defualt when the fix was implement but , i not sure of it anymore
I think it doesn't switch by default because of the higher requirements. At least I never observed that it switches.
yeah, It's not set in to Automatic game fixes even for a single game. Rama said that the GSDX code for FMV in software mode game fix is not well coded by Gabest but, it never ever triggered any issue for myself in testing it. you should ask Rama on why he didn't implement it for games.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction