Dragon Quest VIII Invisible Enemy
(08-16-2015, 05:30 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: "using Sprite and Round Sprite Hacks to clean up 2D menus when upscaling."
Also make menu jaggy and ugly, I rather have the marks still there, then have TF be disabled cause it is disable with either of those 2 hacks used
Comes down to personal preference IMO: no Sprite/Round Sprite Hacks=smooth scaling, blurry menus, vertical lines and incorrect shading around certain icons; Sprite/Round Sprite Hacks=unfiltered scaling, sharp menus, no vertical lines and correct shading
(08-16-2015, 05:30 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: And why are you not using opengl is has better compatiblity then dx11 at this point

Would love to, but OpenGL just doesn't have the speed of DX11 with an AMD Radeon card (Radeon 280x running DQ8 on DX11 can do 4x scaling @ constant 60FPS- usually can easily turbo at 120FPS; whereas OpenGL is a struggle to maintain a consistent 60FPS, usually running 30-60FPS even at native resolution). My understanding is comparing apples to apples, a much slower Geforce card can render much faster than a faster Radeon card when using the current PCSX2 OpenGL implementation.

Sponsored links

I Dont know what to say then, my system runs the game in opengl a 3/4x TF=forced and GSDX shader effect all on with 60fps stable,, it not so much as pcsx2 the issue as it is amd behind on opengl support, or i so read, I avoid all things amd like the plegue so i wrong person to ask.

even If i run the game in DX11 i get same framerates you do have MTVU hack enabled right?

Then again blyss and me have come to the conclusion my system runs game it should not be perfectly fine when should not ( his system have 500 more stp then mine and same scene in xenosaga he struggles with 45fps i get 60 fps). maybe i have magic gnomes in my system lmao

But i know firepspirte show in dx11 on nvidia side of things your dx11 mode undoubtly looks better then mine do to the driver bug that introduced in recent nivida drivers that cause black textures show, less you amd has it own driver bugs? out of curiously does firesprite show in DX11 if you tick native?

As for the Align/round sptire, That why i said to each his own, i personal rather have the TF working and smoothing both 2d/3d then have it disabled on ui jaggies annoy me, BoF5 is only exception to that cause TF literally makes text unreadable so, the align/round sprite hack fixs dont bother be cause TF has to be off anyway

As for the shadows I know they worked when HW depth was enabled on both opengl/dx11 hwdepth was not need indx11 to be check when it was first introduced, cause i test it in both opegnl/dx11 and shadows worked in both, so there is regression there