Dragon Quest VIII freezes
(06-04-2013, 08:01 PM)Malachi Wrote: I'm still getting the merge error is null from the activity log, even while running as admin. I am currently at Port Prospect and the game has crashed at least 4 times now from Alexandria to here.

Try setting interlacing to auto or none
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

In fairness I havent read the entire thread, but when I get random crashes that have the Windows standard crash message, it means my overclock isnt stable. If you overclock, go back to stock as a test to see if it resolves the issue. If so, just adjust your overclock a little. Only takes a second Smile

Also are you using cheats? How about save states?
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
(06-04-2013, 11:05 PM)jlwmanagement Wrote: In fairness I havent read the entire thread, but when I get random crashes that have the Windows standard crash message, it means my overclock isnt stable. If you overclock, go back to stock as a test to see if it resolves the issue. If so, just adjust your overclock a little. Only takes a second Smile

Also are you using cheats? How about save states?

please read the entire thread?

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Dragon-Qu...#pid301344
I know. It was 7 pages and I wanted to help but I didnt want to take the 10-ish minutes to read it all. My bad Smile

After reading the post you linked to, it talks about OC'ing but not about savestates or cheats.
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
(06-04-2013, 10:29 PM)Bositman Wrote: Try setting interlacing to auto or none

This seems to be the cure! I put interlacing at none and I haven't had a crash for the past 3 hours! I'll keep playing to see if this keeps up. Thanks! Laugh
I just pwnd 7 pages of suggestions? Go me XD
I have set interlacing to auto and it crashed around 15 times in DX11. But I did not have a single Crash in DX9 so far. If someone could reproduce the DX11 crash with my savestate posted earlier and confirm that the very same save state does not crash with DX9, it might be possible to find the cause of the bug.

Does anyone with frequent crashes use the DX11 version of gsdx and and does it still crash when changing settings to DX9? And does anyone without crashes use DX11?
Hey etking, I tried your suggestion first, the crashes were more infrequent for a while but it started crashing on me again until I put interlacing to none. Seeing that the game was working great, I switched back to DX11 and the game is still running as smooth as butter.
(06-06-2013, 12:26 AM)Bositman Wrote: I just pwnd 7 pages of suggestions? Go me XD

mine's on auto, maybe none fixed it, or maybe a revision did. either way..after 7 pages it was fixed. you didn't pwn nothin Tongue
Yeah I know no one could provide a solution Saiki hadn't though of, I'm used to you being like that Tongue
Anyway for other cases, m_merge null messages can be caused by setting interlacing to some value in the GUI (seen in dragonball games which insta-crash). You can still cycle with F5 normally after booting