Dragon Quest VIII shadows
@tsunami - I told him the same thing. I have given him two possible answers to his question but they aren't good enough for him so he wants to have an attitude about it I guess.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

(07-02-2014, 06:55 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: And alot us get annoyed by people like you. I read your whole thread too.

You are argue that native looks like crap on lcd when used in pcsx2 when native out of the ps2 looks like crap on lcd to begin with, they both look identical when they in native.

or was this not you that wrote this?

But lets get one thing straight pcsx2 Software mode is gona show the game almost exactly if not exact like it shows on ps2.

PS2 was built with CRT in mind a CRT actualy render both 480i and 480p (if capable of it)

A LCD is FIX resolution screen It does not render 480i,480p, it only renders its FIX resolution Either 1080p, 720p or 1080i in the case of some older HDTV, It does not render the actual 480i or 480p ps2 does its all upscaled and upscaling is is nothing more then marketing ploying as it very rarely make images look better, Downscaling another story.

PS2 games will damn near identically out puting from pcsx2 in native in both Software mode and HW native res ( sort of the glitch HW can cause) as it will look on actual PS2 connected to HDTV.

Like mention you want identically to how it is on CRT play it on CRT or use shaders that Asmodean has been providing and continues to improve or just deal with the way it.

I'm trying to put this as politely as I can.

Read the thread.

(07-02-2014, 07:10 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: @tsunami - I told him the same thing. I have given him two possible answers to his question but they aren't good enough for him so he wants to have an attitude about it I guess.

Post #8
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti
(07-02-2014, 06:55 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: And alot us get annoyed by people like you. I read your whole thread too.

You are argue that native looks like crap on lcd when used in pcsx2 when native out of the ps2 looks like crap on lcd to begin with, they both look identical when they in native.

or was this not you that wrote this?

But lets get one thing straight pcsx2 Software mode is gona show the game almost exactly if not exact like it shows on ps2.

PS2 was built with CRT in mind a CRT actualy render both 480i and 480p (if capable of it)

A LCD is FIX resolution screen It does not render 480i,480p, it only renders its FIX resolution Either 1080p, 720p or 1080i in the case of some older HDTV, It does not render the actual 480i or 480p ps2 does its all upscaled and upscaling is is nothing more then marketing ploying as it very rarely make images look better, Downscaling another story.

PS2 games will damn near identically out puting from pcsx2 in native in both Software mode and HW native res ( sort of the glitch HW can cause) as it will look on actual PS2 connected to HDTV.

Like mention you want identically to how it is on CRT play it on CRT or use shaders that Asmodean has been providing and continues to improve or just deal with the way it.

I personally dont like low resolution but PS2 actually has variable resolutions and could display some games even at 1080i . Most games unfortunately still had very low resolutions and they look bad on modern screens. Still upscaling looks nowhere as good as increasing internal resolution.
^ There are like 1 or 2 games that display at 1080i. Note I said DISPLAY. Each individual PS2 game has a resolution it runs at. Whether it has the option to output to 1080i or 720p or 480p, the rendering resolution is the same.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD