It runs slow in towns, I get about 35fps. My EE is at 50%, my GS is at 28%

I am using the default settings on DX9 with the exception of Native Res x 4

My PC specs

Radeon 7850
i3 2120 @ 3.3 gz
8gb ddr3 ram

Anything I can do to fix this?

Sponsored links

that is quite slow for your specs. Are you using any speedhacks or anything? Does it run any faster if you turn the resolution down to native x2? any other non-standard settings?

if all that comes back okay the next thing i would suggest is checking your cpu temperatures with a tool like Core Temp http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-01-2014, 06:07 PM)refraction Wrote: that is quite slow for your specs. Are you using any speedhacks or anything? Does it run any faster if you turn the resolution down to native x2? any other non-standard settings?

if all that comes back okay the next thing i would suggest is checking your cpu temperatures with a tool like Core Temp http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/
Not using any hacks.

Strange, I changed to DX11 and now I'm getting 47 fps minimum at the exact same location and the fps in general is higher.

I checked my temps (in degrees celcius) and while running DQ8 in windowed mode my GPU is 37, CPU is 39 and motherboard is 46, HDD is 30

I am using windows ultimate 32 bit though, not sure if that makes a difference.

FPS does indeed increase when lowering the res to 2x native.
If the FPS increases when lowering your resolution, then your GPU is struggling on that game, so you will have to use x2 or x3 to make up the slack, or see if the MTVU hack helps at all, although i suspect it won't looking at your EE %.

Also why are you using 32bit windows with 8gb of memory?? Such a waste Sad
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Yes like Refraction said,it's a waste to use the 32bit windows while you have 8gb or ram..since it will use only 3..
I suggest you upgrade to 64bit system
Other than that,I think your GPU is fine for that resolution,I think the problem comes from your CPU,try using some Speedhacks,maybe that will help.
DQ8 a demanding game my i7 920 @ stock speed is faster then that i3 even at 3ghz. And I could not play DQ8 properly till after I changed my 9800gts to 450gts even then it heavy on the gpu and cpu. your gona need to lower 4x to 3x or maybe lower and if you using MASS/FSAA turn it off. if anything I think the cpu is the issue, and i3 is not really idea for emulation of ps2 games cause that 7850 is equal to if not better then 450gts

Make sure your running atlest 1.0.0 so you have can enabled mtvu Running off the 32bit win7 should not matter, but then I not to sure I about that so i could be wrong
Yeah, DQ8 is on my list of Most GPU intensive games.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
you should try switch to DX10/11 plug-in
to get little bit results.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Got a new issue atm, the games been running fine at 3x resolution, now however in battles with 6+ enemies I get slowdown sometimes with certain camera angles. It dips to about 43 fps until the attack is done and the camera angle switches back, it's a minor annoyance at best, but considering how many battles there are in this game I'd like to fix it.

Oddly enough my EE is 66% max and my GS is 18% max when this slowdown occurs.
Try DX11
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD