Drakan 2 random freezeups
Thumbs Up 
PCSX2 r985 still solid after several hours of gameplay and switching areas twice (3 areas). I just got to Ravenshold (Snowy area, 3rd) and had no trouble yet. No graphics problems on the trees, blazing fast at 100% with only VU Cycle stealing at 2/4 on the slider for speed hacks. Other versions require most all the hacks and are still slower. Tried 096, 1736, 1888, 1370, and several others.

The only glitches so far are lens flare effect coming through land/mountains a little, very minor. The other was I had one save (using the in-game "memory card") that would load bad where the whole AI was frozen and most of my controls would not work. Save often, and in all 4 memory card slots!

We have a winner, in my book anyway. r985.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

(10-06-2009, 03:52 AM)elvin presler Wrote: PCSX2 r985 still solid after several hours of gameplay and switching areas twice (3 areas). I just got to Ravenshold (Snowy area, 3rd) and had no trouble yet. No graphics problems on the trees, blazing fast at 100% with only VU Cycle stealing at 2/4 on the slider for speed hacks. Other versions require most all the hacks and are still slower. Tried 096, 1736, 1888, 1370, and several others.

The only glitches so far are lens flare effect coming through land/mountains a little, very minor. The other was I had one save (using the in-game "memory card") that would load bad where the whole AI was frozen and most of my controls would not work. Save often, and in all 4 memory card slots!

We have a winner, in my book anyway. r985.

It's great that it works without glitches! At Stratos there's so much sky and I cannot make a good shot of it because of these sky glitches Sad
Lets wash my config down when you're in Shiverbane and no crash occured, ok? I'm already tempted to switch to 985 Sad

Edit: unfortunately the sky glitch still exists in 985 Sad Ah, it would be such a beauty without it. Also quicksaves are a bit strange (saving to 00000000.00x instead of 04F9D87F.00x) but that's alright. This must be the best version!
Please check out http://wiki.pcsx2.net
Find your favorite game and correct its page. You may help others looking for that info!
Sky glitch? you mean the rectangles/blocks out in the distance? You can get rid of that by running in native internal resolution...but I'd rather have slightly weird sky boxes and keep my crisp and clear, high resolution everywhere else!

Same goes for those little " _| " lines in the HUD by the health/mana meters.
(10-06-2009, 11:35 AM)elvin presler Wrote: Sky glitch? you mean the rectangles/blocks out in the distance? You can get rid of that by running in native internal resolution...but I'd rather have slightly weird sky boxes and keep my crisp and clear, high resolution everywhere else!

Same goes for those little " _| " lines in the HUD by the health/mana meters.

Smile me too!
I guess even the sky can be saved by some artful texture manipulations. But here we're just out of luck and it's not that bad after all.
Find your favorite game and correct its page. You may help others looking for that info!
Finished the game. 985 was definitely the one to use for me. The only issue I had was about 3 times it hung while loading or making a save.

Used:
GSDX Directx 9 in window (maximized, full screen didn't work well)
Peops sound (seems less "loopy" than SPU-X but you need close to 100% speed or it doesn't sync as well)
(10-09-2009, 10:59 PM)elvin presler Wrote: Finished the game. 985 was definitely the one to use for me. The only issue I had was about 3 times it hung while loading or making a save.

Used:
GSDX Directx 9 in window (maximized, full screen didn't work well)
Peops sound (seems less "loopy" than SPU-X but you need close to 100% speed or it doesn't sync as well)

Thanks! I've replaced my info with yours, take a look. Smile