Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dropping DX10 in favor of DX11 ?
Hello The Forums Smile ,

So i was reading trough the PCSX2 google code page when i stumbled upon commit r2754, for a moment i went "What The Hell !?" but then i read the commit again.

Quote:r2754:committed by sudonim1:
GSdx: Removed DX10 support in favour of DX11. I am told that this shouldn't affect anyone and it reduces code duplication. (DX11 was already missing some changes in DX10, I have ported them.)

"This shouldn't affect anyone" got me thinking a little.
So what is exactly to be expected ?

will the DX10 GFX card users be forced to use the DX9 plugin, or are the DX11 plugin features (i mean the plugin not the DX11 API) fully supported by the current DX10(10.1) cards ?

will there be a performance hit on DX10 cards, or will the DX11 plugin autodetect if your card supports the DX11 features or not and activate or deactivate those features accordingly ?

If someone could please shed some light on this ? thanks in advance.
(sorry for puncuation or spelling and grammar errors, those are not my friends Tongue2 )
Check my profile for System Specs (Updated).

My Youtube Channel: Dedicated to Anime, Gaming and Emulation.

Sponsored links

Shouldn't affect anyone means exactly that. DX9 users can still use DX9, DX10 will have the exact same performance and -for now- DX11 will be just the same as DX10.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Wow. I thought I just saw something posted recently by Bositman saying DX11 was the same as DX10 and still needs code work. I'm confused... Smile

EDIT: Hey, that wasn't here a minute ago. LOL
(03-20-2010, 12:07 PM)Bositman Wrote: Shouldn't affect anyone means exactly that. DX9 users can still use DX9, DX10 will have the exact same performance and -for now- DX11 will be just the same as DX10.

Ok thanks for the info.

So for now its just the name that changes the plugin stays the same,
if i understood right.
Check my profile for System Specs (Updated).

My Youtube Channel: Dedicated to Anime, Gaming and Emulation.