DualShock 3 vs 360 controller
I'm going to get 1 of these two in the next few days to get rid of the long wire from my old DualShock 2 as well as the USB converter. But I'm still confuse which one to go. For the 360, it is officially supported on Windows with all driver available. For the DualShock 3, it resembles the DualShock 2 and has built-in battery.

It is a shame that Sony never concerns 'bout PC gaming market like Microshit. The DualShock 3 is not officially supported, and from what I know there's so many things that must be done to make it work (the saleman told me that DualShock 3 cannot be connect to PC, but I do not trust that guy much after all).

I want to know if ALL is done, can the DualShock 3 connect to PC wirelessly? I saw the 360 controller has a wireless receiver, while the DualShock 3 doesn't. Which one has longer battery life? And which is better for PCSX2? Personally, I prefer the DualShock 3 because it resembles the DualShock 2, although I'll use it mainly for PC games.

Sponsored links

Get the Dualshock 3 controller. It works with a driver on the PC found here. It's very simple, and while there are about 10 steps or so there, it only takes about 5-10 minutes to set up and a reboot. And once you're set up, you're set up.

I actually have one hooked up to my PC now and would be willing to help should you have any troubles with it.

Besides, it's much easier to play a Playstation game using a Playstation controller than an Xbox controller. Also, the only way to connect is using the mini-USB which comes with the controller.

For future reference, stuff like this belongs in the "Chatterbox" forum.

Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
I prefer the Xbox 360 controller, it's more anatomic than dualshock 3, and it's officialy supported. And as far as I know it's not possible to use the dualshock 3 with wireless, but with the xbox 360 controller is possible and supported(I have one).

It's great to play windows games too, because the games support xbox controller too, so you just need to connect it and the configurations will be automaticly set up.

And if you alredy have the dualshock 2, he is alredy perfect to play in a ps2 emulator and the xbox 360 controller is better to PC games.

I would buy the xbox360 controller, I alredy have one and I don't regret, is better than i thought it would be.

About the battery I can't say anything to you. I use rechargeable AA battery
Comes down to preference. I have my Sixaxis running on my PC, but I hate the L2/R2 buttons and the analog sticks. I prefer the Xbox 360 controller myself and its even officially supported.
Quote:Also, the only way to connect is using the mini-USB which comes with the controller.
You mean no wireless at all? Also, my laptop doesn't have bluetooth. So is it possible to play wirelessly with the DualShock 3? I hear that the DualShock 3 itself uses bluetooth to connect the the PS3. I need to make sure it works, because I cannot get a refund once I buy it.
If you have the wireless PS3 controller you NEED a bluetooth dongle. Same concept as the wireless Xbox 360 controller: the USB cable solely provides power.
(07-01-2011, 04:50 AM)Amak Wrote: If you have the wireless PS3 controller you NEED a bluetooth dongle. Same concept as the wireless Xbox 360 controller: the USB cable solely provides power.

I don't have a Bluetooth dongle and I can play games perfectly using the USB cable.

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
(07-01-2011, 04:53 AM)MyDreamName Wrote: I don't have a Bluetooth dongle and I can play games perfectly using the USB cable.

Is it the wireless controller? I've tried before and it never worked for me
Yep, I can play it on my PS3 without a wire.

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...