Dualshock 2 pressure sensitive buttons in MGS3 Subsistence
Oh oh oh new development, okay. So, I switched back to lilypad. I tested a configuration ingame and found something interesting. When I used the binoculars and zoomed out using the square button, I could control the speed! I had to press really hard to get it to zoom out at full speed though. Perhaps that is why even when I push square lightly with the gun, it fires upon release. Should I increase the sensitivity slider?

Sponsored links

Nevermind, playing with the sliders hasn't yielded any results...perhaps the change in zoom out speed was my imagination...
As I said motionjoy has a hacked version of lilypad
can be found here but I have seen it somewhere else as well
It should support pressure sensitivity independent on the input as long as the hardware support pressure sensitivity. I think this hack is really kind of simple. Instead of chopping to integer values you have to send float values to the ps2/pcsx2 and lilypad is already doing that for analog control.

I have never tried that but I have read quite often that this works.
Motioninjoy isn't working for me. Under connected game controllers it says: "Wait for controller(s) to be connected". I ignored this and it doesn't show any devices other than my keyboard in lilypad when "ds3 native mode" is selected. Sorry for the late response.
Maybe they force you to use their drivers. I recently read somewhere that the motionjoy group is not the only one who have a hacked lilypad version.

Well now I read that the pokocom plugin supports it natively.
And that the 'other group' is actually scarlet.crush from pcsx2.net... What ever. You might want to look here. The downloads are on the first page of that thread.
I've already tried scp. For whatever reason, ds3 native mode was grayed out. I'll try it again...but I'm starting to think my adapter is flat out incompatible with any known method...
When you tried SCP did you have libusb installed? It's needed for that native mode.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I did not have libusb. I will try scp again with libusb. I hope the support for the play.com ds2 adapter works for mine.
Well what I said applies for DS3.

I forgot this thread was with a DS2. Not sure it'll help :/
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
It didn't work with libsub...it said it required the xinput dll, but I put that in the pcsx2 folder, so I don't know what's going on...

Perhaps I'll just play this on my ps2 or buy the legacy collection...