Dude, where's my iso?
Hi.

Unlike other Mac users I have had no problem running the app - the startup window appears just fine. However, having discovered that I can't directly run my PS2 discs I laboriously made an iso out of Jack & Daxter. On running PCSX2 and trying to navigate to the iso to load it... it's simply not there in the file list! Have I missed something blindingly obvious? (It wouldn't surprise me)

Sponsored links

Yes, it can be hard the first time to figure out how to navigate to your iso.

First, make sure your iso has the filename ".iso"

Then, on the PCSX2 menu, in the select iso file list, click on the drop down menu and click on the "/" option. In the folder list, double click on "users" then your username, and navigate from there depending on where your iso is (desktop, documents, etc.).

Alternatively, the default folder for your iso's (at least for me) is in the "pcsx2.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2" folder so you could just drop your iso inside this folder of the pcsx2 application (by right clicking on pcsx2.app and clicking "show package contents") and the iso should just show up without having to navigate. I don't think PCSX2 mac remembers where your isos are so it will always return to the default folder.

Hope that helps.
13" MacBook Pro (March 2011)
Display: 1280x800
CPU: Intel Core i5 2.3 GHz w/ 2.9 GHz Turbo Boost
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3
Hi Flurgle, thanks for your reply (and yes, you are a genius!)
All pretty strange; when navigating to the desktop folder (where it was) it doesn't appear - but moving it inside the package *bam* there it is.

New problem now though - isn't there always! PCSX2 doesn't seem to like it anyway. Is there some kind of compatibility list kicking around to save me converting my other 10 games if they are unlikely to run? As you can guess, buying a newer PS3 means I can't use old PS2 games. I'm trying to be an awesome Dad and allow my 7 year old to play his old favourite PS2s on the Mac. I have, incidentally, managed to get some of my old PS1 games running in PCSX1... now where's the N64 slot on the side of my iMac gone? ;-)

Here are the messages from the X11 window in case I'm still being incredibly dense and anyone understands it.

loadElfCRC: cdrom0:\SCES_503.61;1
loadElfFile: 530613 bytes
ZZogl: Creating effects
loadElfFile: cdrom0:\SCES_503.61;1; CRC = 9C712FF0
XML Loader returned an error. Trying to load a pnach...
No patch found.Resuming execution without a patch (this is NOT an error).
ZZogl: Disabling MRT depth writing
Issuing EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset [mem/structure cleanup]
ZZogl: Creating extra effects
vtlb/mmap: Block Tracking reset...
iR3000A Resetting recompiler memory and structures
* PCSX2 *: ExecuteBios
Offset 0xea000000 invalid. Legit SIGSEGV. Aborting.
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 55154 Bus error ./pcsx2
There is only one person working on the macintosh pcsx2 port (zedr0n), and he was going to get a pcsx2 mac wiki up and running sometime soon.

What you can do until then is go to the windows compatibility list http://pcsx2.net/compat.php and see if the game you want to play runs with 0.9.6, which is the version of the mac port (the windows pcsx2 version is at 0.9.8 so mac has rather low compatibility at this point). This isn't guaranteed to be accurate, however, since the windows version of PCSX2 uses a different graphics plugin. For instance, I play kingdom hearts II sometimes which runs perfectly and it says it is playable on the compatibility menu.

As for your bash error, it looks like you still need to get a ps2 bios. Once you get your bios, place the files in a folder and select that folder under "select bios dir" it from the configure menu.

Then, to make sure your bios runs, select "run bios (no disc)" from the file menu and make sure the opening ps2 screen shows up.

After that, make sure you update your graphics plugin to zzogl pg 0.1.0 from the pcsx2mac.net downloads page if you haven't already (download the dmg, open the file and select "open with pcsx2", then nothing should happen and you should have the new plugin under the graphics drop-down menu on the config panel) and make sure the "no log z" option is checked.

Good luck

You're good. You're VERY good.

I have the correct ZZOglPG, and also a dizzying number of BIOS. I shall randomly select now!
I'm getting tangled...
Sorry to keep pestering you! Is there a particular set of BIOS to use - I have place a set at random in a folder in the package, selected the folder in the config screen, and when I select Run Bios (no disc) PCSX2 crashes.
Once you select the bios dir you need to specify your bios from the bottom right drop down menu in the config panel (should look something like USA v02.00(14/06/2004) Console (SCPH) if you're from the US). If that doesn't work then try loading your game and see if that works. Sometimes the bios will crash but the game will still load.
(10-05-2011, 05:08 PM)flurgle Wrote: Once you select the bios dir you need to specify your bios from the bottom right drop down menu in the config panel (should look something like USA v02.00(14/06/2004) Console (SCPH) if you're from the US). If that doesn't work then try loading your game and see if that works. Sometimes the bios will crash but the game will still load.

Hi again Flurgle, Thanks for all your time - I'll try again later as I have to get my son from school. He'll be stuck with Little Big Planet for a while longer I think!
Okay, you also might want to try this.
I just tried running my bios (no disc) with zzogl pg 0.1.0 and it crashed for me too. I had to switch my graphics plugin. Try switching your graphics to zzogl 0.21.213 and run your bios. If that works then switch back to zzogl pg 0.1.0 and run your game. Also, the first time you run your bios you need to format your memory cards. Two memory cards should automatically show up, select them and format them if you haven't already.