Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumb hardware fails (your stories)
I guess quite a lot of people made mistakes before.
Post your bad experiences

Experience 1:
My syncmaster XL2370 wouldn't turn on when I pressed the touchbuttons.
Searched the internet for people with similar problem and even filled in a ticket.
An hour later, I found out the power cable was only halfway in the adapter.

Experience 2:
I received my 3rd gtx480 today only to find out my case is 1 expansion slot short.
[Image: 1454055.png]

Sponsored links

Why the hell would you need THREE GTX 480s?
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0GHz
MOB: ECS A780GM-A
GPU: XFX GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB
RAM: 4GB Dual-Channel DDR2 400MHz
the 2 experience was very lol,and btw as darkfang says you dont need that quantity,unless you are a crazy gamer wich im starting to think you are Tongue
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
All my parts were ready for 3 gtx480's so it just felt incomplete.
It will also allow me to use (or force) 96x AA and the power to use tesselation and such on 3 monitors at the same time.
Ordering a HAF X next tuesday (9 slots instead of the current 7 slots) and just using 2 gtx480's for now.
Once you get the third GTX480 you should make a video of you playing Crisis in 2560 x 1600 all settings at max and highest AA setting.

That would be pretty intense.
I am using 3x 1920x1080
2560x1600 monitors are horribly overpriced.
€1000 for even the shittiest ones. going beyond €1500 for decent ones.

Anyways, try to stay on topic.
My fail inspired me to make this thread.
My fail was about 3 years ago when I was 13. My parents bought me this new video card (GeForce 7 series I think) and I was sooo excited. When it got here we tried to but it in my computer but the card was PCI and I only had AGP slots.

-_-
That's a very common fail.
Did you return it for an agp card?
I've got too many. One thing that stands out is when I installed additional HDD's and cages on the file server. Had to remove the PSU so I'll have room. When I turned the system back on, lights would flash and fans would spin momentarily and then quickly turn off. Reseated the heatsink, disconnected everything aside from CPU, GPU and 1 stick RAM, switched RAM slots, replaced the CPU, replaced the GPU - still nothing. I was already sweating since my motherboard was ABIT and they were already out of the motherboard business when I had the problem. Double-checked power supply cables, apparently I forgot to plug-in the 12V 4-pin power cable. Blush
haha i still remember my newest fail,it was back un summer when i decided to buy a dual core cpu to replace my old celeron,so just to make sure it fits i read the mobo manual and it says that it supports up to dual core so i say great i wont have to change my mobo,then when with my new cpu installed in my mobo i had nothing more that black screens,my damn mobo refused to boot.Then i read the mobo guide again and the son of a bitc* says it supports up to celeron dual core (that one with the big "D") and then i was pissed as hell,and i got no other option that buy a new mobo too.And then it comes my hardware fail #2 i just bought this mobo without seeing its specifications and guess what ?,i can overclock my cpu even a bit,all the overclocking options from the mobo bios are greyed out LOL !!!
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]