Dumping PS2 BIOS-sade on a hacked one?
I have a hacked PS2 which my dad hacked for me a long time ago,so he doesn't remember what the hack is.Somewhere I heard(read,actually) that it could permanently damage your PS2.Will it?Also,how can I know if my PS2 has the ability to run homebrew stuff?Finally,if everything's fine,will games that require a hacked PS2 run on PCSX2?I'd be very thankful if someone can help me out.Oh,wait,another question-will PCSX2 work with Windows 8?

Sponsored links

If i'm correct, your father just chip-modded your PS2. That should have no impact on the bios itself. If you can get your bios from your PS2, then there will be no problem playing on PCSX2. It does not discriminate between copies and original disks. And yes, it will work on windows 8.
(06-01-2014, 08:26 PM)Coornio Wrote: If i'm correct, your father just chip-modded your PS2. That should have no impact on the bios itself. If you can get your bios from your PS2, then there will be no problem playing on PCSX2. It does not discriminate between copies and original disks. And yes, it will work on windows 8.

Thanks!
The only difference will be is that PCSX2 will essentially be using a "chipped" BIOS, so you will probably be able to full boot both local and foreign games. This is because we dump the BIOS memory that has been loaded in to RAM, not directly from the chip itself, so the modchip has already made its modifications Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

and I would personally be rather intrigued as to how pcsx2 shows that bios. Be it devel or console, for one..