Dumping PS2 Bios for PCSX2
(03-01-2015, 11:53 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Okay here is mine. You can see the front side is the same.

The backside of mine has the plastic cover removed(e.g. normally the circuit boards aren't exposed), which I had to do to make it fit a Western Digital drive(It will fit most drives just fine, but WD ones you have to mod it slightly.)
snip
Hmm Well that might be an option. I'm going to see if I can find a game to do the swap trick if not I'll look into this further.

This is incredibly difficult Wacko

Sponsored links

(03-01-2015, 11:59 PM)bomblord Wrote: Hmm Well that might be an option. I'm going to see if I can find a game to do the swap trick if not I'll look into this further.

This is incredibly difficult Wacko

Here's an option. The Network Adapter Startup disc works for the swap trick, and usually it can be found cheap.

www.amazon.com/PS2-Network-Adaptor-Start-Disk/dp/B001FGRGMS

4 bucks

That's what I used to mod mine. Other swap trick games can be found cheaply too.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
A lot of games with multiple elf files also work. Burnout 3 is what I used to mod my ps2
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(03-02-2015, 12:08 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Here's an option. The Network Adapter Startup disc works for the swap trick, and usually it can be found cheap.

www.amazon.com/PS2-Network-Adaptor-Start-Disk/dp/B001FGRGMS

4 bucks

That's what I used to mod mine. Other swap trick games can be found cheaply too.

How do you do it with that game? I have a list of games but it recommends 007 agent under fire to work with the tutorial given.

I might be getting someone to let me borrow a copy of Star Wars Battlefront 2 in order to do it though that will be the cheapest route. Swapping the game out won't do any permanent damage to the disc right?
you could scratch it, but it should be fine.
(03-02-2015, 12:14 AM)bomblord Wrote: How do you do it with that game? I have a list of games but it recommends 007 agent under fire to work with the tutorial given.

Any game disc with multiple elf files will likely work. The Network Adapter Startup disc includes a few demos, which have their own elf files. I replaced the Madden NFL demo with UlaunchElf and used that to execute the Free McBoot installer.

It is a lot of work, but like I said, it's worth it. For more than just dumping your BIOS. You can transfer all your PS2 saves into PCSX2 too.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(03-02-2015, 12:21 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Any game disc with multiple elf files will likely work. The Network Adapter Startup disc includes a few demos, which have their own elf files. I replaced the Madden NFL demo with UlaunchElf and used that to execute the Free McBoot installer.

It is a lot of work, but like I said, it's worth it. For more than just dumping your BIOS. You can transfer all your PS2 saves into PCSX2 too.

The way I understand it is it requires replacing a .ELF file with a premade file and burning a new copy of the game. You then have to figure out where that .ELF file launches in the game. When that file would normally be launched you hotswap the PS2 disc for a prepared one with the modified .ELF file.

Correct?

Also, I have no use for anything besides bios dumping and I have no PS2 saves for games I own any longer.
(03-02-2015, 12:27 AM)bomblord Wrote: The way I understand it is it requires replacing a .ELF file with a premade file and burning a new copy of the game. You then have to figure out where that .ELF file launches in the game. When that file would normally be launched you hotswap the PS2 disc for a prepared one with the modified .ELF file.

Correct?

Also, I have no use for anything besides bios dumping and I have no PS2 saves for games I own any longer.

Yes, you are correct in what doing the hot swap does
(03-02-2015, 12:29 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Yes, you are correct in what doing the hot swap does

Alright well none of the games i own (kingdom hearts re chain of memories, FFX, Jack and Daxter, and FFXII) have any .elf files.
Well, they all have at least one. That's the SLUS/SCUS/SCES file(even though it doesn't have ELF extension).

But no, none of those have multiple elf.