Dumping PS2 Bios for PCSX2
Hello guys I've been going around in circles now trying to figure this out so I thought I would just register and ask. I hope I'm not overstepping any boundaries.

Anyway, I've looked through your forum and found 2 threads about dumping bios. 1 related to a program called magicswap3 and 2. A "guide to dumping ps2 bios over lan"

I first attempted the "dumping PS2 bios over lan" but found out I needed an adapter that I did not own nor could I possibly buy. I went ahead and attempted it anyway but quickly found out that none of the referenced files still existed in the attached downloads.

So I tried the swapmagic3 guide and before I even started found that the links for the program in the guide were broken.

My dilemma is I just want to enjoy my PS2 games in HD and don't seem to have a way to dump my bios to do that. The hardware I own is 1 PS2 "Fat" model SPCH 30001 and 1 PS2 "Slim" model SPCH 75000. I also have a memory card PS2/PS1 games. What are my options for dumping my bios? I've done countless google searches and have found nothing. The few decent ones I found require either hard modded PS2's or software that either can't be purchased any longer.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsored links

Softmod your PS2, install Free McBoot, run the BIOS dumper. Easiest way.

Google "Free Mcboot Noobie guide" for a good tutorial on setting up FMCB.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Bomblord, from NeoGAF?
(02-28-2015, 11:46 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Softmod your PS2, install Free McBoot, run the BIOS dumper. Easiest way.

Google "Free Mcboot Noobie guide" for a good tutorial on setting up FMCB.

Thanks for your help but every single one of those seems to be outside my ability to do. All but 1 require 3rd party programs that I do not have access to.

The 1 that doesn't requires games I don't own. Is there somewhere (not a shady ebay seller) where I can find ARMAX or CodeBreaker PS2 discs. Or am I SOL?

(03-01-2015, 12:41 AM)Bigbenn01 Wrote: Bomblord, from NeoGAF?

Indeed. I'm surprised I'm that memorable.
Hahaha, I'm a member there under a different name.

Blyss, it might be best to link a guide that works or something on how to softmod a PS2. I only know of the Independence Exploit, but I've never done it.

A PS3 memory card adapter is one way of installing FMCB, for sure.
Hrmm. It may be hard to find cheats discs for PS2 nowadays, aside from eBay.

The other option is to have someone install FMCB on a memcard for you. E.g. you mail them a memcard, they install FMCB and then mail it back. Anyone with either the discs or an already modded PS2 could do it.

Hell, I could do it for you, depending on where you live(I have a soft modded PS2). If you live somewhere in the states, you might consider that. I live in Alabama myself.

It's up to you, of course. I wouldn't charge you for it or anything. Let me know if you are interested.

Having FMCB on your PS2 is good for a lot more than just this too. Open PS2 Loader, emulators for other systems, media players, etc. It's quite nice.

(03-01-2015, 01:10 AM)Bigbenn01 Wrote: Blyss, it might be best to link a guide that works or something on how to softmod a PS2. I only know of the Independence Exploit, but I've never done it.

The guide I mentioned has instructions(accessed from a menu at the top) for softmodding, but they do require a cheat disc of some sort, or certain games which can be exploited.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Right. I live in Ohio and have FMCB available.
(03-01-2015, 01:12 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Hrmm. It may be hard to find cheats discs for PS2 nowadays, aside from eBay.

The other option is to have someone install FMCB on a memcard for you. E.g. you mail them a memcard, they install FMCB and then mail it back. Anyone with either the discs or an already modded PS2 could do it.

Hell, I could do it for you, depending on where you live(I have a soft modded PS2). If you live somewhere in the states, you might consider that. I live in Alabama myself.

It's up to you, of course. I wouldn't charge you for it or anything. Let me know if you are interested.

Having FMCB on your PS2 is good for a lot more than just this too. Open PS2 Loader, emulators for other systems, media players, etc. It's quite nice.

The guide I mentioned has instructions(accessed from a menu at the top) for softmodding, but they do require a cheat disc of some sort, or certain games which can be exploited.

I would rather not send my memory card to anyone. I've read there's a way to do it on older PS2's with a PS1 disc. Do you know anything about it?
(03-01-2015, 01:21 AM)bomblord Wrote: I would rather not send my memory card to anyone. I've read there's a way to do it on older PS2's with a PS1 disc. Do you know anything about it?

Understandable.

You need a cheat disc or PC memory card reader to do it that way.
I sent you a private message bomblord, it should help you out.