Dumping real PS2 memory cards?
one of the utilities that can be found on the pcsx2 site is the fabulous bios dumper, which is by the way working great.
what caught my mind was that (assumably) with only minor changes to the source code this program could also be used to dump the connected memory cards instead of the bios. being able to use those saves would give the possibility to switch from playing on a ps2 to playing on pcsx2 with all its advantages. i (and quite possibly many others) would really appreciate such a possibility.

or are there already some means to get you mem card dumped?

Sponsored links

You can use a cheating device like Codebreaker to transfer your saves to a USB flash drive and then transfer the save game by using mymc to a PCSX2 memcard and via versa.
Butz Wrote:or are there already some means to get you mem card dumped?

Yes there are,those are I know:
1.Codebreaker+USB flash device
2.Action Replay+USB flash device
3.uLaunchELF+USB flash device
4.uLaunchELF+network connection to your PC
thanks, ulaunchelf seems to be what i was looking for.

but i fear that i'm too stupid to use it ;-)
okay, so i booted my ps2 with ulaunchelf 4.38 and got into the file manager. my memory card is there, my usb stick is there. so i tried to mark everything on my memory card, saying "copy", and then on the usb stick "paste". well, nothing gets written to the stick?!
is there anybody who used ulaunchelf to copy their mem card that can help me with that? did i miss anything? did i do something wrong?
(03-06-2009, 02:25 PM)Butz Wrote: thanks, ulaunchelf seems to be what i was looking for.

but i fear that i'm too stupid to use it ;-)
okay, so i booted my ps2 with ulaunchelf 4.38 and got into the file manager. my memory card is there, my usb stick is there. so i tried to mark everything on my memory card, saying "copy", and then on the usb stick "paste". well, nothing gets written to the stick?!
is there anybody who used ulaunchelf to copy their mem card that can help me with that? did i miss anything? did i do something wrong?

Enter you mc and press square to highlight everything,then press R1 and choose Copy with the O button,then go back to devices using triangle and enter mass.Press R1 and press O on PSUPaste

In default ulaunchelf is set on the Japanese stile buttons(O for ok and X for cancel).After you copy all you your save download this program,double click on mymc-gui,select your memory card and import your saves