Duplicate: [Bug Report]Shining Force EXA NTSC-U
agreed, you fix some you break some, but that doesn't bring my saves back.
i will probably be trying to hex edit the corrupted memory card to see if i can fix it.

Sponsored links

@andutrache: Can you test the pakete2 build please? HERE

It would help, as I'm still unable to test this game myself.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
Tested the pakete2 build and even though it does not display any errors it still corrupts the memory card the same as the normal build.

Also i fixed my memory card by hex editing some headers, i finally got it to open in MYMC and got my saves out of it. Making a new memory card and backing it up. Lesson learned i guess.
can you tell us what you edited, it may give good insight in to the problem
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

2 things: first was at the beginning of the memcard where it said Sony PS2 Memory Card Format 1.2.0.some unintelligible stuff and i saw in a memcard that i just created that it was supposed to be Sony PS2 Memory Card Format 1.2.0.0 so i changed it to that.
The second was at the very end of the memcard file where in the bad memcard i found gibberish and on a new one i got something like "77 7F 7F 77 7F 7F 77 7F 7F 77 7F 7F 77 7F 7F 00 00 00 00" so i just copy pasted this at the end of the non working one.

After editing the corrupted one to these 2 things i got all my saved games back using MYMC as the emu still said it was not formatted. I also remember MyMC saying something about an unsupported format in the logs, the only save that is missing is the Shining Force EXA Game Data file which MYMC said it is corrupted, which isn't surprising at all considering it failed while saving that. Also for the record i did get lots and lots of corrupt data at the end of the memory card or at least that's what MYMC said in the logs.

Hope it helps, although that just seems as random corruption to me, maybe it was because the game was still trying desperately to save (and failing repeatedly) when i closed the emulator down? i know that you are not supposed to close the game while its saving but it was the only thing i could do since it was stuck in an infinite loop.

Going to sleep now, i hope i made sense XD
Thanks andutrache. I checked it and it's garbage again, like MGS. The current method works fine on clean data, and gets "confused" otherwise.

I'll get to it, and hopefully in a robust way.
Good luck man, glad i could help Smile .
Can you test Pakete3 build here please?

Sorry for the long delay, but my mind just couldn't get into "sio mode". The code seemed just gibberish. XD
Hi!

I've tried the pakete3 build and the problem does not go away on EXA-U and the problem does not go away with the latest builds found on http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/ either.

Thx for reading!

NVM!

It works updated other post aswell.
Sorry to drag this up, but can you confirm this no longer fails to work in the latest SVN? Thanks Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]