Dx9 and Dx11 but no Dx10 ?
Hello, i have PCSX2 0.9.8

My computer :

Asus G53jw
Intel Core I5 480m 2,97ghz (dual core)
GTX 460m (Dx11 support)

---

In GS plugin configuration, i have choice for Dx9 and Dx11 only, but with Dx9 more game are slow, with Dx11 i have a black screen but i have the sound.

Dx11 works perfectly in Dolphin and more Game but no in PCSX2 Sad

And why Dx10 isn't in the list ?
Dx10 is not in PCSX2 and Dolphin, for they 2 emulator i have only the choice with Dx9 and Dx11.

With dxdiag, i view "Direct X 11"

Sorry for my bad english :/

Screenshot :

[Image: scaled.php?server=35&filename=sanstitreo...es=landing]

Sponsored links

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/chuckw/archive/2...evels.aspx

d3d9 is being run on the laptops intel gpu
DirectX is different that Direct3D ?

DirectX9 isn't Direct3D9 ?
Direct3D10 doesn't appear because your gpu supports d3d11, so it doesn't have to run in any of the D3D11 Feature Level modes

Direct3D9 is slow, because the intel gpu is in use instead of the Nvidia gpu
No solution yet?

(my GPU run only in D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_11_0)
DirectX is a set of APIs, which include Direct3D, DirectSound, DirectInput... and many others, which all start with "Direct". Due to the popularity of Direct3D, the term DirectX and Direct3D are usually used interchangeably.

I guess I shouldn't explain what API is. In fact I cannot although I know what it is. Wacko There are two things you can do:
  1. Open Nvidia Control Panel/AMD Vision Engine Control Center and select the dedicated GPU to be used with PSCX2.
  2. In GSDX, select Direct3D 11 (Hardware)
Don't work... blackscreen again :/

It's that right ? (sorry for french language :/ )

[Image: sanstitremyg.png]
when you get the blackscreen, do you see any error messages in the log of pcsx2? you might be missing some recent directx updates, use the directx web updater to download them. and get the latest svn of pcsx2.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
oh, it appears that laptop doesn't have optimus technology.

so there should be no reason that d3d11 doesn't work (apart from bugs in 4600's d3d11 support?)

try an SVN release
(07-11-2012, 02:07 PM)zero29 Wrote: when you get the blackscreen, do you see any error messages in the log of pcsx2? you might be missing some recent directx updates, use the directx web updater to download them. and get the latest svn of pcsx2.

No error, the game launch and i have the sound.
Just a black screen.

I download the SVN version

SVN its only for Windows 32bit ?