Dynasty/Samurai Warriors and Xtreme Legends disk swap solution
(08-06-2016, 03:27 PM)s.kirmish Wrote: Again, I am no expert on this whatsoever, and only fix my own stuff, which usually works out. Since I bet you did the iso correctly, as there really isn't much to do wrong if you even use the same program..., I can only think of three sources of errors:
1. you have somehow modified pcsx2, so that this interferes. To that I can say that I only run a pretty fresh (2-3 months old) vanilla installation. ..If that goes without hickup, it must be something that was added, if the problem falls in this category.
2. your mounting software is not good enough. Daemon tools lite has a free license and no advertising beyond the two or so installation traps which a conscious reader will easily avoid. It makes up virtual drives as you need them I believe. Fact is, I never worried about that anymore since I use it/it updated to this revolutionized state.
3. There is also some chance that it only works with the german version, which is the one I have, but I would doubt that, because mere localization should not change the human speech independent data structure so much as I would guess.
I can't thank you enough for the help in your full reply, honestly. I will tell you what i found about each bulletpoint as im trying to make this work.
1. I don't think i modified pcsx2 because i downloaded it about a month ago and havn't changed any settings. Its 1.4.0 version.
2. My mounting software is PowerIso which has helped me mount quite a few things but in this case i will use Daemon tools lite.
3. I have the english version but it shouldn't affect anything.
I will try to fix my issue and will report back on what i find.

Sponsored links

Ok it seems that mounting it using daemon tools fixed the issue Smile

Only problem now is im stuck at this screen and clicking anything gives me a black screen (with no sound).
It could be a problem with my iso but i dont know because the console seems fine.

This is the screen im talking about: 

Ohh, so it does work at least somewhat. Hmm, that screen goes by with simple click and load for me.

Another thing i did is I had a save from SW1 previously made before any of this, so maybe that helped.
(08-06-2016, 05:07 PM)s.kirmish Wrote: Ohh, so it does work at least somewhat. Hmm, that screen goes by with simple click and load for me.

Another thing i did is I had a save from SW1 previously made before any of this, so maybe that helped.

Yeah i also have a save from that game. Maybe PAL version is different to NTSC im not sure but hopefully someone can help with this.
If you want to see my logs feel free to ask

Edit: Im going to reconstruct the merged iso but this time im using winrar to extract files (previously i used winZip which showed that linkdata.cns has 0kb memory).

When you extract the files, do you also extract the modules folder from sw1 to xl?
Yes, I used Winrar, so seeing how it makes 2gb difference, that may be the culprit here.Smile

Yes, I simply copied the whole folder of SW1 over, including modules. Brute force, though of course no overwrite, which I think meant that these actually stay original, since SW1XL also has the two files in there.
OMFG YES

After extracting the files using winrar, and mounting the image It loads Laugh

Now to try and see if the import works, if it does then we can definitely be sure there is a workaround for disc swap in this game. I will try this method for samurai warriors 2 if it does and will try my best to make it work.

EDIT: YES, I FINALLY MADE IT WORK THANKS TO YOUR HELP. I am extremely happy with the massive amount of help i've had from you s.kirmish and others in the pcsx2 community. I feel as though i need to make another post to explain exactly how to do it because i definitely feel like OP's tutorial lacked some detail and notes.
Thanks, the issue I had here was that I needed Daemon tools, for some reason powerISO doesnt work.
(08-06-2016, 05:37 PM)lolpop1 Wrote: Yeah i also have a save from that game. Maybe PAL version is different to NTSC im not sure but hopefully someone can help with this.
If you want to see my logs feel free to ask

Edit: Im going to reconstruct the merged iso but this time im using winrar to extract files (previously i used winZip which showed that linkdata.cns has 0kb memory).

When you extract the files, do you also extract the modules folder from sw1 to xl?

I hate to necro this thread, but I've tried all the advice listed here, yet i cannot get the plugin to load. Whenever i try to run the game from the plugin (mounted iso) it just goes to the ps2 browser/system config menu, as though there is no disk. How can i fix this?

EDIT: nvm, i figured it out. I had the folder visible in the root of the iso, you can't have the folder be the root of your iso, or it wont work.