Dynasty Warriors 5 in PCSX2 latest
hi guys i just bought new dvd of DW5, i played it nicely on my ps2. now i tried in in PCSX2 since i always bring my laptop with me.

but i only get 30 fps,,, any suggestions how to make it stable at 50 - 60???

Sponsored links

...Use Speedhacks.

What are you laptop's specs, anyway? IIRC, I could play at like 50-60fps on my laptop (in my sig).
Native resolution if you have weak gpu.
you can read the guide :
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...ide-v0-9-7
google it too some one might found a nice configuration for this game
Set clamp mode to "none", well with a a Core 2 duo 1.8Ghz I was only getting about 30-35fps when enemies are on screen. With thr 2.55Ghz i7 it's fine so need to know specs, if you have a 2.2-2.5 C2D you could get away with it.
<REDACTED>
To Fezzer and Rezard.. Here are my specs:

Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
System Manufacturer : Hewlett-Packard
System Model : Presario CQ42 Notebook PC
Processor: Intel® Core™ i3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 545v
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9555)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Display Memory: 1237 MB
Dedicated Memory: 507 MB
Shared Memory: 730 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (60.031Hz)

To Feezer, i set my clamp to NONE but i still get the same fps.. My problem is that when it is only me in the screen (no enemies etc) The Fps is at its best (59-60) but when enemies appear especially when they are soo many, the FPS drops to 40-30 range... Any suggestions as to what i should do?? im a big fan of this game thats why i even bought it from a friend Smile

(02-15-2011, 12:06 PM)abdo123 Wrote: you can read the guide :
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...ide-v0-9-7
google it too some one might found a nice configuration for this game

i already read those.. I can play other games in PCSX2, the DW5 is a new one i cant set it up correctly.. i hope my Laptop can handle it Smile
Lower to minimum ee cycle rate and vu cycle stealing (I mean turn them off leave other speedhacks). How much FPS now?
EE cycle rate is set to 1 as Default and VU cycle stealing i set i to one

It has Improved....! Smile

The fps goes from 40 - 50 now.. And to 60 when no enemies.... is there anymore that i can add to make it stay at 50 or 60??? Smile

thanks for the help by the way., only thing about this game is that it doesn't run out of enemies so being at fps 40 is still not enough Sad
i also disabled the last speed hack since i get black portion of the game sometime...
Dynasty Warriors 5 use a lot of PS2 hardware.Emulated speed of Emotion engine is 240Mhz when ee cycle is on 1. And when you put it on 3 it's about 60-70Mhz.

I'm afraid noting else can be done.

Did you put native resolution maybe ?