Dynasty warriors 3 discussion
First of all, hello everyone, im new here to this forum and I have a big interest in this PS2 emulation program. Now im here also to discuss one of my favourite games of all time, which I have frame rate issues with, Dynasty warriors 3.

Ok first off, here are my specs:

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
ATI raedon HD 5750 gfx card
4Gb ddr3 ram
AMD Phenom II x6 1055T Processor( 6 cpus), ~2.8Ghz
DirectX 11.

I don't think my computer is a slouch, but I've tried for ages to try and get dynasty warriors 3 to work at a nice frame rate, now I've heard that pcsx2 only uses 2 cores, correct? If so I think it would be nice if there was an option to enable up to as many cores as the user would intend.

When I open the game the intro movies run smooth and fine, so does the menus and battle menu, but once I go in-game, when I encounter many troops, my frame limit goes way way down, sometimes even as low as 20fps. So, I was wondering if anyone could give me good plugins to use, and preferably which pcsx2 version to run for this game for it to run at a decent speed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored links

Quote:If so I think it would be nice if there was an option to enable up to as many cores as the user would intend.
Means : "rewrite the source code from start for just minor fps improvement"

best version would be latets public beta.
what do the EE% and GS% say in gsdx titlebar when you get those slowdowns ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
The slowdown is basically until I get into a battle(where there are multiple opponents/allies), whenever im fighting about 1 squad its good. The slowdown goes down to about 36fps.

Also, the version of the game is NTSC, and it says the refresh rate is 27.50Hz
fine
Quote:what do the EE% and GS% say in gsdx titlebar when you get those slowdowns ?
(02-01-2011, 09:18 PM)Merkieman Wrote: First of all, hello everyone, im new here to this forum and I have a big interest in this PS2 emulation program. Now im here also to discuss one of my favourite games of all time, which I have frame rate issues with, Dynasty warriors 3.

Ok first off, here are my specs:

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
ATI raedon HD 5750 gfx card
4Gb ddr3 ram
AMD Phenom II x6 1055T Processor( 6 cpus), ~2.8Ghz
DirectX 11.

I don't think my computer is a slouch, but I've tried for ages to try and get dynasty warriors 3 to work at a nice frame rate, now I've heard that pcsx2 only uses 2 cores, correct? If so I think it would be nice if there was an option to enable up to as many cores as the user would intend.

When I open the game the intro movies run smooth and fine, so does the menus and battle menu, but once I go in-game, when I encounter many troops, my frame limit goes way way down, sometimes even as low as 20fps. So, I was wondering if anyone could give me good plugins to use, and preferably which pcsx2 version to run for this game for it to run at a decent speed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I pretty much have the same pc, sadly pcsx2 only uses 2 cores, I don't know when quad and hexacore support will be added. I've tried absolutely EVERY possible config, sat for hours and hours to no avail. The game runs fine until I run into a few squads then...laaaaag!!

I guess we'll have to wait for a new release. Dynasty Warriors 3 is my favorite in the series, can't wait to play it again.
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
Quote:I pretty much have the same pc, sadly pcsx2 only uses 2 cores, I don't know when quad and hexacore support will be added

read my post above to understand why it won't be tomorrow
You can add my msn [email protected] to discuss this further or just for chat if you like
Ahh,, I wish someone could just post a great configuration for this game if its even possible for it to run smoothly.

And i'll repeat I have 4Gb ddr3 ram and 2.80Ghz
3rd :

Quote:what do the EE% and GS% say in gsdx titlebar when you get those slowdowns ?
The game is extremely CPU limited, probably hitting a PCSX2 bug (although these games were so badly coded that they brought the actual PS2 console to its' knees, casually having huge frame rate drops)
Overclock your CPU as far as you can or get one clocked at about 3,8 Ghz or more to get any kind of decent speeds with this game. DW4,5 and 6 all run quite faster than 3.
[Image: newsig.jpg]