EE:100%
The MTVU hack is in the speedhacks section of the emu config screen, it'll make use of a third core on any tri- or quadcore (or higher lol) processors, giving you a decent speed boost in most games, although for a few games it can actually break them (one game for me that gets broken with it is TimeSplitters: Future Perfect, but I don't need it anyway).

Steamroller will fix the multi-threading issues of the current Bulldozer CPU's, as well as making many other improvements which will give a great boost in performance. Theoretically I at least expect the Steamroller CPU's/APU's to catch up with Sandy Bridge at the least on raw performance in terms of single-core execution.

Sponsored links

(06-01-2013, 05:03 AM)NarooN Wrote: The MTVU hack is in the speedhacks section of the emu config screen, it'll make use of a third core on any tri- or quadcore (or higher lol) processors, giving you a decent speed boost in most games, although for a few games it can actually break them (one game for me that gets broken with it is TimeSplitters: Future Perfect, but I don't need it anyway).

Anyone know the reason why the mutli-core speedhack breaks certain games?
Could you give me more detail as to where the MTVU hack is? I don't even see a speedhacks section.

EDIT: i'm an idiot. I found it.

EDIT 2Wackoo i activated the speedhack, and my EE is now 80-90 where it used to be 100% but i have a lower framerate. VU is at 99%
Ok, so sorry for a double post but i just wanted to say that next time i'm going to just read stuff before asking questions, i forgot to move the slider, now with VU set to 2, i'm getting 80% and 40%VU with 60fps on shadow of the collosus.. and i thank everyone on here who helped me.
No problem man, we're here to help Laugh

As for why the MTVU hack breaks some games, I don't know the precise reason, but I think it has to do with the dependency some games might have on the VU's. TimeSplitters FP (the game I mentioned) appears to be very dependent on the VU's; even today it has a few graphical glitches which pop up in hardware mode -- using software mode fixes those issues but ironically brings up new ones -- using skipdraw will eliminate a lot of important visual effects in the game but is also needed in some parts of the game to see through various filters correctly.
For the topic poster, AMD claims you have a quad core processor...you don't. You have 4 integers processors, 2 schedualer, 2 floating point processors, two sets of L2 chache, and so on. In other words, you have two cores with each with 2 integer processors. Chances are PCSX2 uses the floating point processor, which there are only two of. That may have something to do with what you are seeing.
i7 4930k @4.3, 4x4 GB RAM @2133 (15-15-15-27, quad channel), EVGA 570 @stock, Arch 64b.
This will be fixed in Stemroller supposedly.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(06-04-2013, 07:53 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: This will be fixed in Stemroller supposedly.

and everyone wonder why I stick to intel..
(06-04-2013, 07:53 PM)Saiki Wrote: and everyone wonder why I stick to intel..

Same Intel ftw
CPU: Core i7 3610QM 2.30GHz (Turbo up to 3.10GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670m 3gb
RAM: 16gb ddr3
[Image: images.jpg]
(06-04-2013, 07:53 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: This will be fixed in Stemroller supposedly.

No it won't, its fundamental to the architecture. They may make FPU sharing more effective, but they can't fix the problem without changing the architecture. Such a fix would be a new architecture.
i7 4930k @4.3, 4x4 GB RAM @2133 (15-15-15-27, quad channel), EVGA 570 @stock, Arch 64b.