EE and Gs
Just curious

I've heard that if a ee or gs goes above 90% then it is considered the cause of the slowdown

What if the ee and go doesn't reach 90% and the game doesn't run full speed then what would be the cause of the game not reaching full speed?
System Specs
CPU:AMD FX 8350 3.5ghz turbo to 4ghz
GPU: Sapphire HD 7750 GDDR5
MOBO:Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Rev 5.0
RAM: 8GB

Sponsored links

bad emulation state, maybe ?
Any example ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-16-2013, 09:34 PM)jesalvein Wrote: bad emulation state, maybe ?
Any example ?

By bad emulation state do you mean that the emulator finds it difficult to emulate a certain part of the game regardless of the specs?

No example
Just was curious
System Specs
The several modules of PCSX2 works together, sometimes may happen stall in a module due to waiting data from another or have the queue free for sending data to another module.

Speedhacks might complicate things yet more, just as an example, VU cycle stealing interrupts EE from doing whatever it is doing so to send data to the VUs. Depending on the situation that may effectively stall the normal EE logic flux, BTW the "game's" logical flux (with the known effect of slowing and/or lagging the game).

High upscale might take it's time to do it's job and then GS stalls possibly making EE to stall as well, hence the FPS is low and yet EE does not accuse heavy load on the CPU.

The bottom line, is not always simple to tell the reasons for games low speed and it does not depend on the emulator only but on the games as well, since the games are the "actual" programs running on the PS2 OS, not so different from PC games with different minimal requirements.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Continuing the previous post.

PCSX2 is a marvel of optimizations, they are responsible for the final emulation speed much more than any speedhack. Just as one example of such optimizations is the precompiling. When the game is well behaving the precompilation works wonders, but if the game is misbehaving or have awkward code that is gone to hurt many optimizations along the path. Although I can't grant it to be true, at least in all cases, one should expect those games which are too demanding for apparent no reason fall in that category of uncommon coding, harming or preventing the optimizations at all.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(07-16-2013, 11:06 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Continuing the previous post.

PCSX2 is a marvel of optimizations, they are responsible for the final emulation speed much more than any speedhack. Just as one example of such optimizations is the precompiling. When the game is well behaving the precompilation works wonders, but if the game is misbehaving or have awkward code that is gone to hurt many optimizations along the path. Although I can't grant it to be true, at least in all cases, one should expect those games which are too demanding for apparent no reason fall in that category of uncommon coding, harming or preventing the optimizations at all.

^+1Smile
System Specs
As mentioned above, there can be a lot of reasons for this to happen... In my game to game testing over the course of 8+ PCs over the last 3 years, most often when GS and EE are low (70% or lower. Sometimes significantly lower) it's because my graphics card couldn't handle a certain game or a specific resolution. There are, of course, other reasons (I recently had SO:TET sit at 80% on GS and EE with VU at 50% and getting 45fps, this turned out to still be a CPU issue and restoring my overclock fixed it) but it's a pretty safe reasoning.
[Image: 2748844.png]