EE rate close to 100%
I configured my pcsx2 with the configuration guide and I began playing Kingdom Hearts 2, got to mulan's world and now i have a noticeable drop in FPS. It seems that my FPS drops when my EE% is near 100, and I don't know how to lower it. I tried using the EE cycle hack, and it didn't change anything.

Sponsored links

PC specs? PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings?

EE nearing 100% means your CPU is the bottleneck, try enabling some speedhacks, reduing the EE/VU clamp modes changing the VUs and even changing the Sound plugin could make a difference.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4GHz (2 CPUs)
Graphics Card: NVidia GeForce 9600M GT
RAM: 6GB

PCSX2 settings/ Graphics Plugin settings:
Kept everything default except for speedhacks. I have most of them turned on and still getting low FPS/ EE near 100%

Speed Hacks:
[Image: eiqr2d.png]

GsdX SSSe3 1.1.16 settings:
[Image: 34qlo44.png]

Using Peops SPU2 for sound and LilyPad for Gamepad
disable min/max, enable fast cDVD and please show your vu and EE/iop settings.
Here is my VU settings:
[Image: 2vb76yo.png]

here are my EE/IOP settings:
[Image: 69mc2c.png]

Sorry about that. Forgot to post them.
set both to none
Thanks! My EE still runs a little high (70%), but its a lot better than before and my FPS is now 55+! Hopefully it will stay that way haha. If I increase the resolution, will it affect my FPS substantially?
probably. Try enabling 8-bit textures, that might provide some speed increase without a GPU hit. but at the moment focus on getting it to full on native
Yeah. I eventually want to video capture, but I may need a new processor, so I may upgrade. But I can happily play KH2 no with virtually no FPS drop on native rez. THanks.
this is exclusive to KH2 advice:

You can switch the VUs to SUPERvu and that will provide more speed as well. KH2 runs fine on svu, so you shouldn't have too much drop recording either