ESC key causes PCSX2 to crash
If I've already started a game, hitting the escape key causes the whole program to die. I get the following error in the console:

Offset 0xea000000 invalid. Legit SIGSEGV. Aborting.
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 13550 Bus error ./pcsx2

It's not a huge deal, but I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing this. I just have to make sure my settings are right before I start. It's a minor nusiance.

Sponsored links

hm, I don't think I'm getting that issue on 0.9.6. Which game?
It's any game. I think it might have something to do with the controller plugin. I'm using a wired Xbox 360 controller. If I set the xbox guide button to be any button, I get thet same error and crash, but right when I start the game. If I don't use that button, then I only get the error when I hit the ESC key.
yeah, might be, I'm going to release another controller plugin but for now I can't reproduce the issue so can do nothing really
(01-29-2011, 11:00 AM)blakekl Wrote: If I've already started a game, hitting the escape key causes the whole program to die. I get the following error in the console:

pcsx2.sh: line 2: 13550 Bus error ./pcsx2

It's not a huge deal, but I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing this. I just have to make sure my settings are right before I start. It's a minor nusiance.

I'm having the exact same problem.

Also, I cant get MGS3 to work. The main screen loads fine, and I can create a new game but before the first FMV, the app crashes and returns error:
Offset 0x2900000 invalid. Legit SIGSEGV. Aborting.
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 10502 Segmentation fault ./pcsx2

when hitting ESC from BIOS i get:
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 10976 Bus error ./pcsx2

I've tried every combination of speed, game and graphic options to no avail. If it matters, I'm trying to use a PS3 controller over bluetooth
If you're getting it with a controller too, I'm almost certain it is an issue with the ZeroPAD plugin. We'll just have to wait for 0.9.7 and the new controller plugin. Smile