Edit Bindings Sensitivity Slider
The new Sensitivity Slider for each button or analog direction is wonderful. With this added functionality, I can set any button or analog stick direction's sensitivity which is great for gamepads without pressure sensitivity face buttons so we can emulate button press force per button or analog direction as needed. This per button sensitivity slider pretty much covers everything needed to do what we used to be able to do on Lilypad. Except for one thing.

It seems that we are still unable to bind the PS2 left analog stick to both the PC Gamepad's Left Analog and the PC Gamepad's Right Analog stick and set one analog stick's sensitivity to a different sensitivity than the other. Of course it is possible to set each PS2 analog stick to a different sensitivity, but that only seems to be possible when each PS2 analog stick is set to their respective analog sticks on the PC gamepad. (PS2 Left Analog stick set to PC Left Analog stick and PS2 Right Analog stick set to PC Right Analog stick)

But when you, for example, clear the PS2 Right Analog stick (clearing each PS2 Right Analog Stick direction) from having any bindings and set the PS2 Left Analog Stick to both the PC Gamepad's Left Analog and the PC Gamepad's Right Analog (via a 2nd binding for each PS2 analog stick direction) then it becomes impossible to set each analog stick direction on the PC Gamepad to a different sensitivity. Allow me to explain :

There are some games that don't make use of the Right Analog stick, and have a very sensitive left analog stick where it's useful to map the ps2's left analog stick control to both the left and right analog stick on the gamepad, then have different sensitivities set to each analog stick to achieve different movements depending on which analog stick you press. That's what I used to do on Lilypad for certain games and it worked well.

Since I'm on the latest QT builds now, what I tried to do was to go into Bindings, Shift-Click on each of the 4 analog directions for the PS2 Left Analog stick, so that both the left and right analog stick on my PC gamepad are tied to the PS2 Left Analog stick. So, for example, Shift-Click on Left Analog "Left" (Pad1 LLeft) and in Edit Bindings, have two bindings - one for PC Gamepad Left Analog Left and one for PC Gamepad Right Analog left (then do this for each of the four PS2 left analog stick directions) so I can use both analog sticks to move my character.

But the problem is - I am unable to set each binding (within PS2 Left Analog Left for example) to a different sensitivity. The Sensitivity Slider inside Edit Bindings seems only able to set the sensitivity for all bindings for the button or analog direction you are in. In this case, I have two bindings, for Pad1 LLeft and what I would like to do is to set each binding of PS2 Analog stick left (one for each PC gamepad analog stick left direction) to a different sensitivity.

In Edit Bindings, within a button or analog stick direction, if you move the Sensitivity Slider to set your sensitivity with a Binding selected, then if you click on the other binding, the Sensitivity Slider % will be stay the same, so it will be the same for both bindings. There's no ability to set one sensitivity for one binding and have another sensitivity for another binding. If we could set each binding (of a specific PS2 button or analog direction) to its own sensitivity, then we can have what was possible in Lilypad, which is the ability to set each analog stick to a different sensitivity after mapping, for example, the PS2 Left Analog stick to both the PC Gamepad's Left Analog and the PC Gamepad's Right Analog stick so we can have different sensitivities for each analog stick to get different speeds of player movement (PS2 Left Analog stick control) depending on which analog stick is pressed.

If there is some way to do what I'm trying to do that that isn't immediately obvious, please let me know. Alternatively, I tried to accomplish this by setting macros to each PS2 Left analog stick direction and having the PC Gamepad Right analog stick trigger them (at a different "pressure") in an attempt to get a different sensitivity of the PS2 Left Analog stick to the PC gamepad right analog stick. But that didn't seem to work.

To the developers, you have done an excellent job getting this Sensitivity slider in there for every button or analog direction, and I'm eternally grateful for everything you've already done in this area. But at this point, the only thing that seems to be missing is this one last limitation, as there doesn't seem to be a way for set each analog stick to a different sensitivity when both PC gamepad analog sticks are binded to a single PS2 analog stick.

I hope I explained the problem I am experiencing well enough for everyone to understand what I'm trying to do and my inability to do so on the latest QT builds. If you are able to make it possible to do what I'm trying to do (which was possible on Lilypad) I would be very appreciative. And again, thank you for everything you've already done in this area.

Sponsored links