Emulating SMT Nocturne
Hello, I'm new here,
So I've been emulating SMT : Nocturne , and I tried to run it at 3x Native or higher to get better visuals but I got about 40 fps all the time, so 2x native is the best I could do... (Even at 2x native there have been a number of frequent fps drops too like when using specific skills (Ice breath, fire breath, rampage, and the likes).

Here's my PC specs :
Processor: Intel® Core™ i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
Ram : 8.00 GB
Graphic card : NVIDIA GeForce GT 520

My settings were pretty much all the same as default and I'm using the latest PCSX2.
The only thing I changed was checking MTVU hack.

Is my PC the problem? Is my PC actually too weak to run the game at 3x Native or higher?

This happens to any other game too, so I've been wondering is my PC too weak for it or not.
Thx for the help in advance!

Sponsored links

If you don't have a decent gpu, then yes it will slow down at higher resolutions
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
since, you didn't mention about your gpu. I assume you have an integrated graphics card which is quite weak to handle anything above 2x native in most games. so, you could play games at higher resolutions if you get a formidable gpu from Nvidia (or) AMD like gtx-750,r9 260 etc
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(12-10-2014, 06:02 PM)s.sakash Wrote: since, you didn't mention about your gpu. I assume you have an integrated graphics card which is quite weak to handle anything above 2x native in most games. so, you could play games at higher resolutions if you get a formidable gpu from Nvidia (or) AMD like gtx-750,r9 260 etc

By GPU do you mean my graphic card specs?
If it is then : NVIDIA GeForce GT 520
Sorry for the incomplete information.
yeah, that graphics card is weak.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(12-10-2014, 06:28 PM)Kumapon123 Wrote: By GPU do you mean my graphic card specs?
If it is then : NVIDIA GeForce GT 520
you could consider upgrading to something like gt740, which will be quite enough for playing most games at 4xnative Internal resolution. your present graphics card can't play most games above 2xnative.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(12-10-2014, 06:31 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: yeah, that graphics card is weak.
Oh so my graphic card is the problem...
Thank you very much for the quick reply Smile
I'll settle at 2x Native for now.

(12-10-2014, 06:34 PM)s.sakash Wrote: you could consider upgrading to something like gt740, which will be quite enough for playing most games at 4xnative Internal resolution. your present graphics card can't play most games above 2xnative.
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll consider it Smile