Emulation Bottlenecks - Help with FPS
Hey everyone, recently I've been trying to get PCSx2 on my new rig, as I had it on my old one, and i've finally found the time to do so, etc.

My specs:
-CPU = AMD Athlon™ II X4 640 Processor , CPU speed = 3.012 ghz , Cores 16 physical [4 logical].

-GPU = GTX 570 superclock

Windows 7, latest version of PCSX2, etc. If you want more info, just let me know.

Games i've tried running: Ar Tonelico 2, Zone of the Enders, Shin megami series, etc.

Problem: No matter what I try, I can't seem to get my FPS to stay above 60, it always nose-dives whenever there is any action other than loading screens (Ar Tonelico having the highest fps out of them all, however, it constantly flickers, which I can't seem to fix either, by the way) so I was wondering if my CPU was simply not good enough to run the emulator.

It tells me the only supported plugin for GS is GSdx 3693 SSE2, for my processor, but no matter what i configure it to, i can not get a good emulating experience (DX9/11, soft/hardware, speed hacks, etc.) I'll upgrade my computer if need be, but i'm skeptical as to if that is even necessary, so if someone could enlighten me on the correct settings, know-hows to get the best emulation experience for my parts, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Sponsored links

Your processor certainly could be your bottleneck.
Does the EE% top out when the game gets slow?
Have you tried overclocking your CPU?
Did you know there are newer PCSX2/GSdx versions available?

BTW - The "16 physical cores" thing was pretty funny. Laugh
all of those games need a fairly powerful intel cpu, or uber clocked amd.