Emulator Freezing when playing
Hi,

I'm trying to play midnight club dub edition remix on the PCSx version 9.8. The game loads to the main screen, although it shows signs of problems including some lag. When i try to play the game though it freezes during the first cut scene, usually at different places.

I am new to pcsx and I'm assuming there is some configuration i must do but i dont know what it is, can anyone help me? Thanks

Sponsored links

If you're playing directly from dvd that's normal. PC dvd drives althrough usually faster than ps2 one, while not used for a few seconds simply stop the disc and when you need some data of it, emulator awaits a bit untill dvd spins up again. Soo if you're playing from dvd drive and it happens every time game needs to load new area, models, textures etc. then that's normal and expected. Use imgburn to rip your dvd to your hdd to play without such freezes.

Through if by lag you mean game speed, then possibility your pc doesn't have enough power to run that game, if that's the case sharing your system specs could help a bit with an answer.
(09-27-2011, 07:06 AM)miseru99 Wrote: If you're playing directly from dvd that's normal. PC dvd drives althrough usually faster than ps2 one, while not used for a few seconds simply stop the disc and when you need some data of it, emulator awaits a bit untill dvd spins up again. Soo if you're playing from dvd drive and it happens every time game needs to load new area, models, textures etc. then that's normal and expected. Use imgburn to rip your dvd to your hdd to play without such freezes.

Through if by lag you mean game speed, then possibility your pc doesn't have enough power to run that game, if that's the case sharing your system specs could help a bit with an answer.

I'm actually playing from an iso file.

also my specs are :
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 CPU M 540 @ 2.53GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
500MB Nvidia video card

My computer has the capacity to play any game I've ever tried, and I've tried a lot.

Anything else?

Try with the latest SVN build and let us know if there's any difference:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-SVN-daily...-by-Orphis
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(09-28-2011, 08:43 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Try with the latest SVN build and let us know if there's any difference:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-SVN-daily...-by-Orphis

unfortunately no difference, still very slow when game starts.
Uh... but you said the problem was the freezes...

What is the actual problem? PC specs? PCSX2 settings?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(09-28-2011, 10:22 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Uh... but you said the problem was the freezes...

What is the actual problem? PC specs? PCSX2 settings?

I'm sorry let me clarify,

The game loads fine through intro screen and titles, but at first menu it becomes slow including music, but it is somewhat playable. However if i attempt to play the game past the start menu, it will freeze.
Try running it without any speed hacks first....if it runs than try enabling the hacks..its a trial and error method and also some games crash while using speed hacks....u may also try gsdx software or sdl mode but i think its because of emulation settings...Try at default settings at start