Emulator not running on Mac's Bootcamp (Screenshots Included)
Hey guys first off thanks to anyone who reads this and takes the time out to help me with my problem.

I recently wanted to play Kingdom Hearts 1 on my PC. I have the original CD as well as the ISO. When i tried it on my PC i did not work, i guess my specs were too low. I eventually got it to play but at very slow speeds. So a couple of weeks later I ended up buying myself a 17" mac book pro.

Now there is a program on the mac book called Boot Camp, which lets you run Windows on the mac. It is the preferred program for people who want to run games on their mac's. So i figured this would be the key to playing KH1 (no pun intended) Laugh. So I install boot camp and download the emulator, plugins, etc.

Now here is my problem, no matter what type of combination i use with the plugins, i cant run the game at a normal speed.

Here are my mac book specs, i have the standard setup for a Mac book pro:
http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs-17inch.html

I equipped the Boot Camp version of windows with about 2Gigs of RAM, and im guessing it is running on the same video card's that the Mac book is running (NVIDIA GeForce 9400M & NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT). I also gave it 2 virtual processors, i don't even know if it needs 2 but i put 2 just to be safe.
[Image: Screen1.jpg]
[Image: Screen2.jpg]

Now here is a screen of my settings. These settings get the game to run. The graphics looked perfect, the screen was a bit bouncy, but it was extremely slow, running at about 5-9fps. The CDVD Drive that i have now was the only one that let the game run.
[Image: Screen3.jpg]

When i try and run the PEOPS Plugin the Emulator screen disappears and i have to wait about 3-5mins then I get an error saying "Error opening CDVD plugin"
Here are the settings i was using for the PEOPS
[Image: Screen4.jpg]

So im not a 100% sure if it has to do with the graphics plugin, or the CDVD Plugin. So that's why i need some help. I have seen people running the PS2 emulator smoothly on the mac so im almost positive the problem is'int with the computer itself, i mean it has 2 NVIDIA graphics cards that are both 9000+ so why wouldn't it be able to run the emulator?

Sorry for this being so long, im just trying to provide all the info i can so someone can help me resolve this problem. Thanks again to anyone who can help me.

Sponsored links

Ok....lots of problems i see here. You are using an obscenely outdated version of pcsx2. I recommend downloading the latest version of pcsx2, which is 0.9.6, and definitely update your Gsdx version, you are using an extremely old version of everything in the emulator Tongue2. Not sure entirely, since you are using a mac.
Thanks Nedamir for the help. I had 2 folders of emulators the new one and the older one that I was using, and i guess i used that one instead of the newer one by accident.

Well ok first off the PEOPS still dosent work, i get the same error. Then when i switch to ZeroGS it loads it pretty well until it hits the first cut scene right after you select new game. Then the FPS dips to about 15 from 60. I tried using the LunizISO CD plugin and it started to slow down as soon as I hit the select new game menu. I also tried the Gigaherz CD plugin with the GSDx video plugin, and it also starts to get very sluggish as soon as it hits the first menu.

Ill take a screen shot of each individual setting if anyone thinks that'll help.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Is the Mac Boot Camp a virtual PC or is it just letting you start up a Windows OS on your Mac? If it's a virtual PC, your processor is being taxed by having to emulate the operating system AND the PS2, which would explain why everything is slow.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(06-30-2009, 07:22 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: Is the Mac Boot Camp a virtual PC or is it just letting you start up a Windows OS on your Mac? If it's a virtual PC, your processor is being taxed by having to emulate the operating system AND the PS2, which would explain why everything is slow.

That might actually be it. Originally boot camp is int virtual machine, and you have to restart the computer and log into a separate hard drive to access windows. So i placed it on a virtual machine so i can access it side by side with the mac programs. I will try and run it without the virtual machine now and see what happens.
KrazyTrumpeter05 THANK YOU SO MUCH, that pretty much fixed the problem all together. I really appreciate your help. Everything is running a smooth 50-70fps now. So i guess i will have to always play it through the regular boot camp with no Virtual machine but that is a price that I will be willing to pay. Thanks again.
Yup yup, one of the most important things of emulation is to know that anything that adds load to your system is BAD.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.