Emulator on SSD - Games on separate HDD = Epic lagspikes
(04-11-2012, 06:10 PM)Gjoevik Wrote: Wow. Seems like a massive oversight by Western Digital.

I don't have the computer near me atm but I'm almost positive it's the Green caviar.

@Squall Thanks for the help, I'll run the "wdidle3 /D" thingy as soon I get back to my computer. Smile

its not design oversight, caviar greens are meant for storage, files/music/video/photos, not for OS/programs/games, thats what caviar blacks and blues are for, greens are meant to save energy, people often blame vendors for malfunctioning products but the fact is most of the time its the user that doesn't know how to properly use it or what the proper use of that product is
Mobo: EVGA X58 SLI LE
CPU: Intel i7 920 C0 @ 4.2 Ghz 1.36v Cogage Arrow
Ram: 3x2GB OCZ Gold 1690 9-9-8-24 1.65v
GPU: MSI GTX580 Lightning @ 970/2200 1.09v+MSI GTX460 Hawk PhysX
HDD: Corsair Force GT 120, 2x F4 320GB Raid 0,F4 2TB, WD-G 1TB
PSU: Corsair HX850 80 PLUS SILVER Modular
Case: Antec 1200 EVGA Mod

Sponsored links

WD are the ones that failed at advertising the drive more clearer and indicating that the drive has performance crippling "features"

an 8 second spindown timer is pure insanity, and the calculated savings on a green drive is 5c at most.
Anyway, There is no real advantage having the emulator on SSD and the games on HDD ("ideally" would be the inverse but should not be a problem too).

I just hope it is not installed in the accursed C:\Program Files, although none the commonly associated problems are mentioned in the thread.

PS: the ISOs "ideally" on SDD but not really a good idea with the nowadays SDD sizes and prices.
Imagination is where we are truly real
not to mention the wear and tear of the SSDs Smile