Encountered a problem and need to be shut down
Exclamation 
Hello, this is my first post and sorry it couldn't be positive and hopefully it is the last that isn't. After using solutions I found in the forums for this and that, I came to the part that when I try to run CD/DVD the border for the window pops up for a moment then I get the error message listed in the thread title. I will list whatever system specs I have per request to alleviate the error. The most recent emu's I have used are Zsnesw and Project 64 so I have a good deal to catch up on. The game I was trying to run is Makai Kingdom. Thank you for your time and patience.

Sponsored links

In my case always been a plugin related error.

Delete all the .inis file and try different conf. on the plugin.
(03-18-2009, 07:37 AM)Hi-Fi Wrote: In my case always been a plugin related error.

Delete all the .inis file and try different conf. on the plugin.

Where would these .inis files be and what is conf. The only files in my plug-in folder have .dll extensions

EDIT:I found the .inis file but I don't know by what you mean conf. If it means config then how else should I do it to use a different plug-in?
post your specc's and i will try to help you out on what to configure everything out for.
remember, it will only be a general help, but i will try my best.
also a little more info on the error thats happening, like if you try with diff plugins for graphics, sound, input, and dvd-rom or iso.
[Image: 1816969.png]
(03-18-2009, 08:10 AM)anorexic Wrote: post your specc's and i will try to help you out on what to configure everything out for.
remember, it will only be a general help, but i will try my best.
also a little more info on the error thats happening, like if you try with diff plugins for graphics, sound, input, and dvd-rom or iso.

Window xp home edition 32-bit SP3
Intel Celeron D 3.2 GHz single core
2 GBs of RAM
8500 GT NVidia 512 MBs of video ram PCI-express
SB X-fi Audio [E800] sound card

I have also tried other configs but the furthest I got was when Sony computer entertainment fades to black then it crashes with the error message that it encountered a problem and needs to be shut down. Something I noticed is that the last thing that is listed on the black screen that runs in the background is "REGION PARAMS = OCEANIA".
(03-18-2009, 08:14 AM)japanimater Wrote: Window xp home edition 32-bit SP3
Intel Celeron D 3.2 GHz single core
2 GBs of RAM
8500 GT NVidia 512 MBs of video ram PCI-express
SB X-fi Audio [E800] sound card

I have also tried other configs but the furthest I got was when Sony computer entertainment fades to black then it crashes with the error message that it encountered a problem and needs to be shut down. Something I noticed is that the last thing that is listed on the black screen that runs in the background is "REGION PARAMS = OCEANIA".

ok, try using gsdx sse2 plugin with native resolution checked.(either this one or zerogs are the only ones you can use)
setup either input (try them both if it keeps crashing)
if your using a dvd dump, iso or bin, use linuz (best method) or if its a dvd use gigaherz
use spu-2x for the audio. (mess around with the settings for best performance)
and make sure dev9, usb, and firewire are set to null.
also make sure you are using the bios you dumped from your ps2.
in your cpu tab, make sure mtgs is disabled (dont think celeron d has ht)
speed fix and advanced can be set to what you want for performance after its working, i wouldnt mess around with them too much until you actually need them and know what they do.
[Image: 1816969.png]
the fix for this is set gsdx to software and then configure the ps2 bios

(03-18-2009, 08:31 AM)anorexic Wrote: make sure mtgs is disabled (dont think celeron d has ht)
but it has dual core (that's what the "D" means)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja