[Enhancement] PCSX2 GUI (Windows)
(07-23-2015, 12:50 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: they all are formatted in a certain way for the most part I believe

Yeah that's what I was saying.

The formatting requirement is already very strict. The tiniest mistake means they won't work.

So we can safely assume that any pnach that works is also formatted stringently enough, IMO.

And again we can either read directly from pnaches(my vote) or collect many in a giant DB.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

I think we would have to stipulate any new patches have to be put on through the GUI, i wouldn't trust people to type them in to a pnach file themselves Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

most people don't type them though. They're freely available all over the place
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
They do, they translate them from armax or whatever to pcsx2 style code then make a pnach.
Admittedly they might use those multi tool things on the forum, but those will possibly need to be updated too

(07-23-2015, 01:38 AM)refraction Wrote: They do, they translate them from armax or whatever to pcsx2 style code then make a pnach.
Admittedly they might use those multi tool things on the forum, but those will possibly need to be updated too

Well assuming we remove the old way(and if we do this, might as well) now I see what you are talking about. New patches would then have to be created in the UI, as writing them the old way would be useless.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(07-23-2015, 02:28 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Well assuming we remove the old way(and if we do this, might as well) now I see what you are talking about. New patches would then have to be created in the UI, as writing them the old way would be useless.

exactly, or the potential risk of making things crash or not work properly.

(07-22-2015, 10:28 PM)Ge-Force Wrote: Somewhat offtopic, but does setting patch to other values (i.e. patch=0) change anything. IIRC when I was working on the JakX patch it didn't seem to make an obvious effect.

I think I read somewhere that pnach=0 enables the cheat once during initialization while pnach=1 freezes the address to that value.
(07-23-2015, 11:22 PM)willkuer Wrote: I think I read somewhere that pnach=0 enables the cheat once during initialization while pnach=1 freezes the address to that value.

You are correct. 1 constantly refreshes the value in memory (every vsync i believe,
in case it gets overwritten), 0 writes it once.

remove EE tab and vu tab and gs tab and gamefix tab

emulation setting just left 2 gs window and speedhack

gsdx setting make simple directx9 and opencl and null remove
(07-24-2015, 06:46 PM)knight321 Wrote: remove EE tab and vu tab and gs tab and gamefix tab

emulation setting just left 2 gs window and speedhack

gsdx setting make simple directx9 and opencl and null remove

wow, such an innovative idea. Tongue2
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction