[Enhancement] PCSX2 GUI (Windows)
(07-24-2015, 07:00 PM)ssakash Wrote: Need lots of opinions for this from active users, Thanks. Smile

Apparently you won't be getting much Tongue << There are like 7 of this stupid smiley in this that page alone Glare

(07-24-2015, 07:00 PM)ssakash Wrote: it creates lot of space for placing options and adding description texts for each options which would be better than crowded tooltips.

Why not use a hovering tooltip like this one:

[Image: tooltip2.gif]

Anyway, If I had a vote, I'd throw it at adding new features to the UI - Cheats, written command, etc...- instead of removing or rearranging stuff.

Sponsored links

(07-25-2015, 04:24 PM)rama Wrote: Might be better after all to go headless for pcsx2 itself and develop several GUI for different needs.
We could have the WX3 GUI shipped as the default but if people want something simpler, they can do that.
A nice side effect is separating core development from external "cruft" like String formatting woes, for example.

I think that might add confusion if someone uses the non-standard GUI and asks for help on the forums
(07-25-2015, 07:56 PM)K.F Wrote: Why not use a hovering tooltip like this one:

[Image: tooltip2.gif]

It still looks crowded though, having a group box for description text might be even better. Smile

I think it would be better opening up a poll for this, since it's not apparent whether people are serious about their opinions.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Countless ideas here.
As Gregory said already: We don't have a problem with ideas, the problem is someone will have to actually do it.
Rama: I don't think Gregory mentioned anything like that in the thread. Either way, I could deal with the changes mentioned in the OP. Though no clue about the other cheats based suggestions.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(07-26-2015, 07:40 PM)ssakash Wrote: Rama: I don't think Gregory mentioned anything like that in the thread. Either way, I could deal with the changes mentioned in the OP. Though no clue about the other cheats based suggestions.

But the question is: can you make the gsdx window a triangle?
Suggestion

default preset safe emulation

GS tab default
widescreen 16:9
800x600
tested gsdx opengl native visual and gameplay nice!

another problem found lilypad setting
untick direct input tick xinput no problem 100% mapping working correctly

if direct input and xinput tick when control mapping result conflict! xbox360 controller
(07-26-2015, 07:40 PM)ssakash Wrote: Rama: I don't think Gregory mentioned anything like that in the thread. Either way, I could deal with the changes mentioned in the OP. Though no clue about the other cheats based suggestions.

Oh, sorry! Must've been in IRC then.
It'd be great if you coded the more popular things mentioned here Smile

I just worry that refinements won't really improve the GUI to the point where people suddenly like it.
There's too many variables to consider to make everyone happy, I think.

If we segmented the user base into something like Casuals and Pros, that would help tailor the GUI to each group much better.
If you segment it further, there'll be even more confusion as to where that one specific setting is that fixes ghosting or whatever issue whichever user may stumble upon, although it'll reduce random settings mess. It's kind of a tradeoff, I'd guess a good one, tho
What about having Advanced user tick box that will bring up a more meaty gui. The more simplified gui could just have slider`s
Ps What are we talking about here? :-P
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*