[Enhancement] PCSX2 GUI (Windows)
I thought the console was disabled by default on a fresh install?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

nope.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(07-22-2015, 02:02 PM)refraction Wrote: I thought the console was disabled by default on a fresh install?

no clue about the installer version but it is certainly enabled by default on the portable versions.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Quote:2/ some shortcut keys are core based so they couldn't be made available on GS window. though if you want, I could implement a separate tab specifically for editing GSdx shortcut keys.

You misunderstood me. I meant that when I press F1, a small massage will pop up on the corner telling me that it is saved, and when I press F2 it will pop telling me which slot I am on now and maybe showing a thumbnail of the saved state and so on. Like almost every other emulator.

Like this:

[Image: g0A98Xg.png]
@K.F

I get your point now. I'll try implementing something similar. Smile
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Yeah ZeroGS does that.

Gsdx ogl can do it Wink There is an old branch (gsdx-ogl-osd https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/compare/gsdx-ogl-osd) that can output a text in the screen. Of course, it would need a rebase and some cleanup. I think it is a good start. Maybe I will refresh it once my new pending code is finished.
Glad to see it is doable. Another small thing is does anyone use the "Enable HW hacks" option? I always change the hacks and spend a while testing the settings, puzzled that nothing is working before I realize the option is not ticked, and I just wasted 15 minutes of testing nothing Mellow Please tell me I'm not the only one Tongue

At least the hack options should be grayed out when it is unticked.
(07-22-2015, 05:12 PM)K.F Wrote: Glad to see it is doable. Another small thing is does anyone use the "Enable HW hacks" option? I always change the hacks and spend a while testing the settings, puzzled that nothing is working before I realize the option is not ticked, and I just wasted 15 minutes of testing nothing Mellow Please tell me I'm not the only one Tongue

At least the hack options should be grayed out when it is unticked.

Agreed, I think that was an oversight when putting it on there Tongue

The CRC Management probably needs moving out of there now as it isn't reliant on the hw hacks option being on and doesn't really make sense being there.

HW hacks again sounds very attractive. Like these hacks will make every game run 10x faster (as speedhack).
I would maybe call that advanced settings - maybe an advanced settings tab. I think most people won't touch advanced settings if they don't know what they mean.

For manual gamefixes I would suggest to do it as gregory suggested: Either automatic gamefixes (sounds attractive) XOR manual gamefixes as 2 comboboxes or one checkbox. When you select manual gamefixes there will be a warning that all automatic gamefixes for all games will be disabled which will highly probable slowdown and break the emulation.
Or you just put that into a separate ini-File: gamefixes.ini where all gamefixes are listed as:
Code:
automatic_gamefixes=1
gamefix1=0
gamefix2=0
gamefix3=0
and if somebody really wants to play with gamefixes he has to edit the ini-File.