Enqueries about the way updates are delivered to PCSX2 enthusiasts
Hi guys ! Smile

I created this thread to talk about the way news are given to PCSX2 users about upcoming new releases and about the guys working on it.

I know PCSX's developers prefer to dedicate their times to actual coding on the emulator rather than answering useless answers or losing time talking about what they are doing/will do instead of actually doing it, but I think they are many of us happy users on the forum who are always eager to hear more from you guys about the stat of your work.

Of course the most obvious question is "when will version 0.9.8 be ready ?" And of course i understand you can't state a precise release date for many reasons (you might simply can't say, and it doesn't serve anybody to tell a release date to finally release months later, I think firefox 4 developers can vouch on that Biggrin).

But you could publish monthly news that will inform us on how the development is doing, what is being done, what's left to do, what are the main goals of 0.9.8...

Some of these informations can be found on the forums, but one has to look in several different threads to catch some pieces of information here and there...I think it will be very interesting for a lot of us to sum up everything on a thread/news that would be regularly updated (once a month will be enough !).

It'd also be nice to know whose working on what, and why not some backgrounds information about the developers Smile

You guys probably already though of that and maybe you are not doing it for a reason (or maybe there already is a thread for that, in that case shame on me for making you read that Ninja), but i'm tired of always being disapointed when a visit http://pcsx2.net/ only to find out there haven't been any updates Sad

(ps: I know there is the todo list on the wiki (http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/wiki/Todo), but it's not really talking to non programmers mind Smile )

Sponsored links

The lack of news is a surefire sign that we're working on smth big! Tongue2
No really, we're lacking a "newsposter" in our ranks that's on the dev channel a lot and could summarize what's being done.
Yeh that CKemu is one lazy SOB Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Maybe you guys can jump on this opportunities to talk about the upcoming release Tongue (just saying Ninja)
(03-09-2011, 05:21 PM)Whisper Wrote: Of course the most obvious question is "when will version 0.9.8 be ready ?" )

Am I missing something? 0.9.7 has been released in beta. There should be a whole lot more svns of it before a final release, and then 0.9.8 starts right? Or did I miss a bunch of releases somewhere?

Thanks to everyone who works on PCSX2 and its components. It's awesome to play on PC and it just keeps getting better!
(03-10-2011, 08:13 PM)Blakiepoo Wrote: Am I missing something? 0.9.7 has been released in beta. There should be a whole lot more svns of it before a final release, and then 0.9.8 starts right? Or did I miss a bunch of releases somewhere?

odd numbers = beta
even numbers = release

0.9.7 is the beta which will become the 0.9.8 release when we deem it stable.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

@Whisper: Maybe you already know, but we do have a pcsx2 related blog which we update every once in a while in addition to the site news:
http://pcsx2.net/blog.php

Between coding, bug fixing, revision testing, forum helping, and real life; we don't have a lot of time/energy to be updating the site/blog frequently.
And as rama said, sometimes a lack of news also means we're working on something big Tongue2
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
(03-10-2011, 08:15 PM)refraction Wrote: odd numbers = beta
even numbers = release

0.9.7 is the beta which will become the 0.9.8 release when we deem it stable.

Wow! Very good to know. Thanks!
Thanks to everyone who works on PCSX2 and its components. It's awesome to play on PC and it just keeps getting better!
Oh, and one thing you can always count on is the actual SVN updates on googlecode!
http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/list
This is the best place to see what's being done to PCSX2 in real time Smile