Entire System Freezing
Hmm that's weird , I don't notice any ram or vram spikes at all on 3x and I'm actually doing B spec mode which is more demanding from a far away view which impacts performance and I barely saw vram go up to 1gb. It usually hovers around 800 or so.
A spec and in first person view it's around 600mb

I notice some minor slowdowns on b spec from far away but nothing major. The frames drop only a little but that is because of my gpu since it's not that powerful.

Ram usage stays around 560 for pcsx2 which is normal with the latest releases.

Out of curiosity which version do you own? pal or ntcs ?

Sponsored links

(04-12-2017, 01:04 AM)lightningterror Wrote: Hmm that's weird , I don't notice any ram or vram spikes at all on 3x and I'm actually doing B spec mode which is mode demanding from a far away view which impacts performance and I barely saw vram go up to 1gb. It usually hovers around 800 or so.

I notice some minor slowdowns on b spec from far away but nothing major. The frames drop only a little but that is because of my gpu since it's not that powerful.

I have the PAL version.
Are you running off of an disc or ISO? Reading the game off of a disk will always have some stuttering and slowdowns.
(04-12-2017, 04:07 AM)CK1 Wrote: Are you running off of an disc or ISO? Reading the game off of a disk will always have some stuttering and slowdowns.

No mate, it's an ISO.

I'm blaming the stutters and things on something other than my GPU actually. The stutters happen in every game I have. It looks like a split second FPS drop. The games hang for literally less than a second, and then go to full FPS again. When I'm playing Assetto Corsa, I can see this happen in the render stats, because there is a spike on the frame time graph. But this happens on both my current GPU and my old one, so it can't be my GPU.

In fact, on my old GPU, this problem is more pronounced since it runs things at a very low FPS. For example, Furmark runs at 8 FPS on my old GPU. Because of that I can see roughly 4 frames be rendered, and then a slight freeze, before it happens again. So I'm going to say that's what happens on my new GPU as well.

It's either GeForce drivers causing the issue, since this never used to happen on previous drivers. Or my CPU is bottlenecking my system in some way. Or there's a RAM problem. Or my hard drive is going... It could be anything.
(04-11-2017, 10:36 PM)Rally-boy123 Wrote: My GPU can handle it at full speed, emulation is extremely jerky though.

You can give me some credits as the guy that I've worked on GSdx for 2-3 years.

At 5x, a single RGBA color buffer is around 5*5*4=100MB. The game uses some effects that could requires 100 color buffers, so basically it would require 12-16GB of VRAM to be safe.
Latest version of GSdx implements some effects with an HLE shader that can do the effect with a single color buffer. It reduces greatly VRAM requirements but unfortunately I don't think I manage to detect all effects that would require an HLE shader.

(04-12-2017, 01:04 AM)lightningterror Wrote: Hmm that's weird , I don't notice any ram or vram spikes at all on 3x and I'm actually doing B spec mode which is more demanding from a far away view which impacts performance and I barely saw vram go up to 1gb. It usually hovers around 800 or so.

I have the feeling that PAL and NTSC aren't rendered the same way Sad
(04-12-2017, 11:53 AM)gregory Wrote: You can give me some credits as the guy that I've worked on GSdx for 2-3 years.

Thanks for your work dude!  Smile
Can you test this plugin out ? Vram spikes shouldn't happen anymore as well as freezes.

note: Ingame brightness/contrast values will not work anymore with opengl hw
(04-12-2017, 02:19 PM)lightningterror Wrote: Can you test this plugin out ? Vram spikes shouldn't happen anymore as well as freezes.

note: Ingame brightness/contrast values will not work anymore with opengl hw

I had this plugin anyway. I just tried it and it made no difference. I always use SSE4.

I think you're confusing what I said too. When I said a RAM spike, I meant system RAM, not VRAM. Sorry for the confusion  Tongue
(04-12-2017, 05:55 PM)Rally-boy123 Wrote: I had this plugin anyway. I just tried it and it made no difference. I always use SSE4.

I think you're confusing what I said too. When I said a RAM spike, I meant system RAM, not VRAM. Sorry for the confusion  Tongue

Yes I know you have it but did you try the plugin in the attachment , I changed some things in the code , I was able to reproduce the issues you mentioned such as ram and vram spikes and system freezing.

Also with your cpu it is recommended to use AVX2 since it provides a nice speed boost.
AVX2 only gives a speedboost SW renderer. What exactly did you try to change? This is most likely a configuration issue with the user's hardware.