Error 5: Access Is Denied
Hi,

I'm a first timer just setting up pcsx2 for the first time and i run into an error every time after doing the plugin configs. It wont create like 7 of the folders its trying to create. Thought it was because i didnt run the install in admin mode so i reinstalled but still get the same error. Here is what it says.

[wx] Failed to create a temporary file name (error 267: the directory name is invalid.)
[wx] can't open user configuration file.
[wx] Directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.7\sstates' couldn't be created (error 5: access is denied.)
[wx] Directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.7\snaps' couldn't be created (error 5: access is denied.)
[wx] Directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.7\logs' couldn't be created (error 5: access is denied.)
[wx] Directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.7\memcards' couldn't be created (error 5: access is denied.)
[wx] Directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.7\sstates' couldn't be created (error 5: access is denied.)
[wx] Directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.7\snaps' couldn't be created (error 5: access is denied.)
[wx] Directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.7\logs' couldn't be created (error 5: access is denied.)

Is there anyway i can fix this? Thanks for the help. Sorry for being noob.

Sponsored links

install your pcsx2 outside ?:/windows,?:/Users folder

e.g.: C:/pcsx2
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Thanks alot! It worked perfectly. I also had one other question but i dont think theres anything that could help me situation.

I'm trying to run this off a portable hard drive on my work computer. I work graves so the down time is excessive. Anyways the computers i have at work only have DX9 but for some reason every time i try to run the program with GSDS-SSE2 (the computer runs pent 4 so the guide said that was the correct one) i get an error where it wont let me load unless i update the DX which im unable to do. Is there anyway to run this with this issue without having to update? (its running DX9c version - 4.09.0000.0904 according to dxdiag). If not i guess i'll have to live without playing pcsx2 and go back to lower end systems that work on the computer =/. Thanks again