Error Loading Save State
I was playing Persona 3 last year and was going to do another play through. However i had to update my computer for 8.1 deleting some data for pcsx2 requiring a reinstall. I tried running it it recently and got this error

> Selected savestate slot 8
Loading savestate from slot 8...
filename:**\PCSX2\sstates\SLUS-21621 (94A82AAA).08.p2s
(pxEvtQueue:VM_UnzipFromDisk) Posting event! (pending=0, idle=0)
(pxEvtQueue:ClearSavingLoadingFlag) Posting event! (pending=1, idle=0) [idle]
(pxEvtQueue:VM_UnzipFromDisk) Executing... [Cancelable]
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
Loading GS
Loading PAD
Loading SPU2
(pxEvtQueue:VM_UnzipFromDisk) Event completed in 929ms
(pxEvtQueue:ClearSavingLoadingFlag) Executing... [Cancelable](Idle)
(pxEvtQueue:ClearSavingLoadingFlag) Event completed in 0ms
Unexpected end of file or stream.
Path: **\PCSX2\sstates\SLUS-21621 (94A82AAA).08.p2s
(pxActionEvent) (VM_UnzipFromDisk)

I know the save states were not broken. I'm 90% certain that i have the same pcsx2 client as last time, however the plugins may have changed. Is there anyway to determine what plugins would be required to fix the save states. I know that i had a working version of pcsx2 from around August 20,2013. My current PCsx2 version works but it wont load the save states as stated above. Pcsx2 would have been reinstalled from the website (if i did) around January 11 or so, 2014.

Sponsored links

I think savestates carry a version number inside them, but i don't know how to view that. If it can be found you can pinpoint which PCSX2 revision you were running to get the appropriate plugins. I can't help here though.

Just remember to save properly after you can load the states again Smile
If a plugin changed, we could have missed updating the savestate version.
I suggest looking for a PCSX2 build archive and getting the version from 2013.
(08-19-2014, 01:33 PM)Coornio Wrote: I think savestates carry a version number inside them, but i don't know how to view that. If it can be found you can pinpoint which PCSX2 revision you were running to get the appropriate plugins. I can't help here though.

Just remember to save properly after you can load the states again Smile

Knowing the save state version don't always help.
I'm using 1.0.0(I rarely use pcsx2 so I didn't bother updating it)but I have older\newer GSdx plugins that those the comes with 1.0.0

There are two ways to see the save state version
1.Use SStatesMan(it can tell you the version number and which pcsx2 revs are using it)
2.Open the file in hex editor and take the values from 0x38,39,3A,3B and reverse the order
For example if it says 0000089A this will become 9a080000 which is the Save state version number for pcsx2 1.0.0
Hmmm, yeah it says it is from Version 1.0.0 which is the same as the save states from a recent play through and the version i have attempted to play it from. Which is pretty weird i find, is there any other common issues that i could look at to determine possible causes for it not working?

K, the problem has been resolved. I had used the plugins from patch 1.0.0. Then the emulator had been uninstalled i updated the plugins, to 1.1.0 and not the rest of the emulator; which, caused the save states to read as being of pcsx2 version 1.0.0 instead of 1.1.0. Lesson write down the plugins or keep a history so that you can retrieve the proper plugins to move your saves based off of the plugins used.

Possible recommendation is to add data in the save states or a external file that holds data about the plugins and version of pcsx2 used. I think i can write the routine for this though I'm an introductory programmer. It is also probably and uncommon problem though the benfit over effort ratio may be worth it.

Thank you everyone for all your help, it was much appreciated Laugh
Or just use the normal MemoryCard saves instead. Save States are never 100% reliable and can stop working for a lot of other reasons or even break games completely in some rare cases.
Thats why you should alway save the game normaly and use save states only in between to aviod problems like this.
I have the same problem. I see no help here.
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go