Error Message - Slow Access on External Drive
I store my ROMS in .CHD format on an U3 MicroSD card. My PC is an Intel NUC running windows 11. Recently I have been getting an error message about slow access times. Is there any way to mitigate this, other than my moving my ROMS to my internal SSD? I do see occasional stuttering in games, but it does seem odd that I get this message as I'm sure that the access times for the MicroSD card will be higher than those for the PS2s DVD drive.   

I would be interested to hear your opinions on this subject.

Sponsored links

For what it's worth, NUC typically takes NVMe AND a SATA drives and both are pretty easily expandable to 4TB of SSD storage (or even 8 tb if you are so inclined)... Personally, I'd just move them to local drive to mitigate any chance of stutter. Another option is external enclosure with USB3 and an SSD if you want to make it all portable.

I think it's subjective and you should do what works for you.
Quote:as I'm sure that the access times for the MicroSD card will be higher than those for the PS2s DVD drive
basically, yes. but they don't work the same way. It's an apple/orange comparison. move your games to SSD and it should work better
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go