Error loading states
I have been trying to use the save/load states feature, but when I try to load a saved state I get a dialog box that says "unexpected end of file or stream encountered". The state saves fine and it is in the right slot, but when I hit f3 to load, that's the error I get. Does anyone know a fix for this?

BTW, pcsx2 is awesome and thank you for all your hard work Smile

Sponsored links

The first step is moving PCSX2 outside C:\Program files... (I could bet the devs money without fear losing mine it is installed in there).

Besides, don't rely too much in sstates in between emulator's builds. Sstate function was never to be a long term savegame storage. Use the memcards always it's possible.

As for the current issue, the sstate may be corrupted already beyond hope. Another possible cause for issues is the use of wrong cheat codes. Simply removing cheats once saved in sstate may not be enough. You may need to find a way to get to a save point, save the game in memcard, quitting the emulator and restart reloading from the memcard.

If none the above helped, you may be out of luck with those sstates yet.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Thanks for your response. PCSX2 is actually located directly in my C: drive. And yes I always use the memory card saves, save states are just nice to use for things like multipart boss battles or unskippable cutscenes, so it's not really a big issue. I'm also not using any cheats, so that's not it. Thanks for your suggestions!
(05-04-2013, 04:06 PM)javaking89 Wrote: Thanks for your response. PCSX2 is actually located directly in my C: drive. And yes I always use the memory card saves, save states are just nice to use for things like multipart boss battles or unskippable cutscenes, so it's not really a big issue. I'm also not using any cheats, so that's not it. Thanks for your suggestions!

I didn't meant those as statements of facts, they are among the most common causes. Sometimes is just a sstate fails for a reason or another and if you make another from an already corrputed sstate the issues becomes accumulated and at some point break things hardly.

For that reason is recommended to reload the game from memcard once and again, from a newly started session to grant the memory is error free, so the newer sstate you create is clean. This must be done at reasonable frequency even when the sstate "seems" clean, one never knows for sure.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Have you updated your version of PCSX2 since making the savestate?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Okay I've tried reloading from fresh start a few times, and also tried clearing sstate folder before reboot as well, still the same issue. Looking at the PCSX2 debugging window, when saving the state it displays the correct folder it saves to and says it saves without error.

I also haven't updated since making any save states, I've actually just started recently using PCSX2. I'm using version 1.1.0
UPDATE: Installing and switching to version 1.0.0 seemed to fix the problem. Thank you for the help. This topic can be closed. Smile