Error on enabling HostFS
Hi! I've been trying to install a mod package on my Persona 3 FES game but when I enable HostFS I get a tons of lines like this on console:

[ 1459.8886] IopHLE: Denying access to path outside of ELF directory. Requested path: './/LIB31/SIO2MAN.IRX', Resolved path: '', ELF directory: ''
[ 1460.0061] IopHLE: Denying access to path outside of ELF directory. Requested path: './/LIB31/SIO2D.IRX', Resolved path: '', ELF directory: ''
[ 1460.0390] IopHLE: Denying access to path outside of ELF directory. Requested path: './/LIB31/PADMAN.IRX', Resolved path: '', ELF directory: ''
[ 1460.1051] IopHLE: Denying access to path outside of ELF directory. Requested path: './/LIB31/DBCMAN.IRX', Resolved path: '', ELF directory: ''
[ 1460.1391] IopHLE: Denying access to path outside of ELF directory. Requested path: './/LIB31/MC2_S1.IRX', Resolved path: '', ELF directory: ''

I've been checking file permisions, other forum posts, etc. (I also have the latest version and the "portable.ini") but I really have no idea how to solve this, any idea?

Thank you in anticipation.

Sponsored links

Ask the mod author
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-20-2023, 07:25 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Ask the mod author

Ok I will, thanks
(01-20-2023, 04:26 AM)BlueShdw Wrote: Hi! I've been trying to install a mod package on my Persona 3 FES game but when I enable HostFS I get a tons of lines like this on console:

[ 1459.8886] IopHLE: Denying access to path outside of ELF directory. Requested path: './/LIB31/SIO2MAN.IRX', Resolved path: '', ELF directory: ''
[ 1460.0061] IopHLE: Denying access to path outside of ELF directory. Requested path: './/LIB31/SIO2D.IRX', Resolved path: '', ELF directory: ''
[ 1460.0390] IopHLE: Denying access to path outside of ELF directory. Requested path: './/LIB31/PADMAN.IRX', Resolved path: '', ELF directory: ''
[ 1460.1051] IopHLE: Denying access to path outside of ELF directory. Requested path: './/LIB31/DBCMAN.IRX', Resolved path: '', ELF directory: ''
[ 1460.1391] IopHLE: Denying access to path outside of ELF directory. Requested path: './/LIB31/MC2_S1.IRX', Resolved path: '', ELF directory: ''

I've been checking file permisions, other forum posts, etc. (I also have the latest version and the "portable.ini") but I really have no idea how to solve this, any idea?

Thank you in anticipation.

I had a similar problem, turns out I had a bad PNACH. Try getting one directly from shrinefox(dot)com/getstarted and use JUST that one. Then if you want to add more stuff you can add them one at a time and figure out which one is causing problems.

Then in PCSX2 go to Settings -> Emulation and make sure that 'Enable Host Filesystem' and 'Enable Cheats' are turned on (you can also just change the 'HostFS' and 'EnableCheats' values in PCSX2.ini if you want)

Also if you're using aemulus, try running it as admin and rebuilding your mod list. 

Finally, once you've done those things, make sure to load the game from an in-game save not a PCSX2 save state. 

Hope this helps