Europe BIOS Segmentation Fault and Non-Changing
Question 
Hi whoever this may concern,

I have gotten PCSX2 on my friend's computer and mine, using his PS2's BIOS on both computers. His computer is a Windows 7, with a GeForce GTX 580, and mine is a MacBook, with GeForce 4700M. Whenever I try to run PCSX2, and change the BIOS from the Europe to USA (he has three PS2s, from each country), it will not allow me.Glare When I try to run it with the Europe BIOS, it gives me a segmentation fault.Glare Can someone help me?Wacko

Thanks Biggrin,
At wasecileader

Sponsored links

FYI, you must physically have a PS2 in your possession and use its BIOS, not sure where you stand on borrowing a mates though

is it possible the BIOS giving the error didnt rip correctly?
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
(07-31-2012, 09:37 AM)soratidus999 Wrote: FYI, you must physically have a PS2 in your possession and use its BIOS, not sure where you stand on borrowing a mates though

is it possible the BIOS giving the error didnt rip correctly?

I might have screwed it during rip process, but if so, that doesn't explain the fact that it works on my friend's computer.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I am using PCSX2 Mac 0.9.7 Alpha.
Current version of 0.9.7 can't run bios. It can run ( some ) games thogh
(07-31-2012, 11:14 AM)zedr0n Wrote: Current version of 0.9.7 can't run bios. It can run ( some ) games thogh

Oh, okay. I'll try downgrading.

BTW do you mean like it's locking out the BIOS completely?
No, it can use bios, but running it separately or doing full cdvd run will segfault
(07-31-2012, 11:19 AM)zedr0n Wrote: No, it can use bios, but running it separately or doing full cdvd run will segfault

Whenever I try to run fast, it just does nothing. Any help on that?

P.S. That was a fast reply.

EDIT: Turns out it works now, Sry.
Now it's telling me about a bus error when I try to run my game. Help again?
Which game ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-02-2012, 09:33 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Which game ?

The game is called "Sonic Unleashed". This also happens when I try to sun "Spyro-A Hero's Tail". This laptop has received minor physical damages, which may have led to a more major HDD...something...when I dropped it down the stairs this morning, clumsy me.