Even more FFXII Issues
Hi all,

New to the forums and this is my first post. I only have a basic understanding of how everything functions, so please bear with me.

I've combed the forums for this particular issue, but haven't seen this problem. I've played numerous other games with little to no issues.

My config is:
Processor: i7 2670QM 2.2 GHz (which I know is a little slow)
GPU: Nvidia Geforce 610M
RAM: 4 GB

I had no issues until I obtained additional party members. Menus weren't a problem, nor FMVs or being surrounded by npcs. However, when Penelo joined my party, I began experiencing frequent lag spikes, though only when moving around. Standing still wasn't a problem. The fps listed at the top of the window would remain at about 60, but the actual framerate would drop significantly. Normal framerate and the lag spikes would switch every couple seconds. Disabling the framerate limit would increase the listed fps to 120 and increase the speed during the normal speed periods, but the displayed framerate during spikes would still drop significantly. Sound would remain at normal speed during the lag spikes, and increase normally when I disabled framerate limiting.

I hoped, desperately, that I could play through it. However, when I was joined by Fran and Balthier, the spikes became much worse. Disabling the framerate limit helps slightly, but not enough to make the game playable. I also noticed that outside of the lag spikes the EE would float between 45 and 55%, the GS between 22 and 33%, and the VU between 16 and 24%. I don't have a clear understanding of what those indicators mean, but during the spikes EE drops to 30-40, GS to 5-10 and VU to 1-8. If I disable frame limiting, the lag spikes result in EE rising to 85-100, GS sticks around 20-25 and VU between 5 and 10.

I've updated to the latest svn (5620) and updated my drivers. I've tested numerous graphical configurations and speedhacks, but to no avail. I'm playing on pcsx2 1.1 which I know isn't the stable release, but when I tried downloading 1.0 I couldn't load my saves so am hoping there is another solution available before I try playing through again on 1.0.

I'd really appreciate any help I can get, as I played to the last dungeon on my ps2 but never finished the game.

Thanks!

Sponsored links

The GPU is holding you back so try playing in Native that should help tremendously
the false FPS problem can be fixed with lowering the VU and EE speedhacks and then you will get right FPS

that's for a start it may be a GPU bottleneck as topken said try native in GSDX
I'm still getting the same issue with native resolution. And still having the false FPS even when VU and EE speekhacks are lowered.
tottaly disable them and maybe all of the Speadhacks !
I tried that, in addition to numerous combinations of the speedhacks with no luck.
The low EE and GS points to the gpu as the problem. A Nvidia card with a X10 number just is not going to cut it, especially on its weaker mobile cousin.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti