[Experimental] Winsock based DEV9 plugin (Now with HDD Support)
(04-28-2017, 05:31 PM)Ge-Force Wrote: @NRoach44

OPL (or other homebrew software) network featured won't work.

I believe the issue is due to smap emulation issues in the plugin, however I haven't been able to figure out the cause of the issue, and finding documentation about dev9 hardware has not been easy.

@cerceuse

Your issue is not related to IP options.
Can you confirm you DNS is set correctly for outbreak?

Oh, well that is disappointing as I'd gotten the slims to handle OPL all nicely, and was kinda hoping I could get PCSX2 in on the same system.

If it's not stupid (accessible pads and 100MHz or less), I may be able to hook up my logic analyser to sniff the link to the adaptor if you want.

Sponsored links

Hi it's me again,
I tried to play online using WiFi in my campus but it couldn't connect. I'm still using the plugin you've given me unfortunately it only works in my home WiFi.
here is the log, hope you can help it.

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 8,86 KB / Downloads: 195)
@cerceuse, @yogzgm
Can you try attached build below and post the logs you get?

@NRoach44
sniffing the link to the adaptor might be worth a shot if it's not too difficult, not sure how much it will help.

Attached Files
.7z   CLR_DEV9_test2.7z (Size: 56,36 KB / Downloads: 228)
i tried your new build, still can't connect
here's the log

Attached Files
.txt   logs.txt (Size: 26,66 KB / Downloads: 498)
DNS packets appear to be sent and received correctly.

However, despite being set to the correct IP, the DNS is returning Server Failure.

I don't know why that is happening, nor do I know how you would resolve it.
(05-02-2017, 08:31 PM)Ge-Force Wrote: DNS packets appear to be sent and received correctly.

However, despite being set to the correct IP, the DNS is returning Server Failure.

I don't know why that is happening, nor do I know how you would resolve it.

@Ge-Force

I tried the new one and I think it gave me the same result as @yogzgm. Attached is the log.
By the way, thank you so much for your help. Maybe the plugin is doing OK, I think it's my ISP connection. Sad

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 17,86 KB / Downloads: 312)
Hello, I'm trying to play Re: Outbreak and I've followed all the instructions, and everything is checked and rechecked to be configured allright but when I'm stuck in now loading and the login screen does not appear.

I got this error: CLR_DEV9:UDPSession Error: 11301 : UDP Got Data
V0.6.5
Crash fix for invalid IGMP packets sent from RE: Outbreak.
Add ability to accept incoming UDP connections specified in advanced options.
I've noticed a strange case among some users. In my PC, the log says "opening dest port TCP 443" before loading the data.
But in some users' PC I've witnessed through Team-Viewer, this never shows up on their logs and the game remains on the "Now Loading" loading screen when connecting until it times out.
Could you check on that?
TCP Port 443 is HTTPS (opening dest means it's connecting to that port)

Of the logs I've seen posted on here which fail to reach that step.
One had the DNS return ServerError, despite being set correctly.
The rest seem to not have the DNS respond at all.

The 1st one seems like ISP filtering.
The rest I'm not sure, could be ISP filtering, could be the plug-in failing to bind to the correct adapter, could be firewall issues.

How common is DNS hijacking/filtering?