Extra Rendering Threads
Why hasn't it been renamed to just Rendering Threads with a minimum value of 1? IMO it makes more sense to think of a standard value rather than 1 + 3 for example.

Sponsored links

because more work has to go in to coding it if the counter starts at 1 ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

also think about the huge performance loss if you would make something like:

Code:
StartThreads(TotalThreads-1)

instead of:

Code:
StartThreads(ExtraRenderingThreads)

Laugh
I agree with refraction.....Coding sometimes are really a pain.....make small changes in code, often involves a huge number of lines to replace, delete or modify and often no matter what,end very badly.... (this is one thing i hate of C++ .. I prefer Visual Basic,of course a program like PCSX2 are really tough to coding anyway...)
(05-11-2014, 07:13 PM)willkuer Wrote: also think about the huge performance loss if you would make something like:

Code:
StartThreads(TotalThreads-1)

bad idea. what if TotalThreads = 1;

or one does perhaps LeftoverThreads = DualCore - PCSX2main - MTVU;

but for everything above Dual it would work... sure. Wink
(05-11-2014, 10:28 PM)axlffx2forever Wrote: I agree with refraction.....Coding sometimes are really a pain.....make small changes in code, often involves a huge number of lines to replace, delete or modify and often no matter what,end very badly.... (this is one thing i hate of C++ .. I prefer Visual Basic,of course a program like PCSX2 are really tough to coding anyway...)

VB makes it easier to code in the first place, however you incur a massive overhead in doing so, which is why VB is so much slower than C
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-11-2014, 10:40 PM)dabore Wrote: bad idea. what if TotalThreads = 1;

well the normal threads are started in the beginning by themselves.
This function should only start additional threads for sw renderer.

Ok the -1 was maybe wrong since pcsx2 uses more than one thread...