Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Extra rendering threads"
In software mode (which I've found best to use in Dirge of Cerberus. Seems the game has some compatibility issues with HW mode) how many extra rendering threads should I use?

I don't multitask so if I'm playing a game, that's pretty much the only thing I'm doing at the time, so I don't think I need to leave extra threads unused.

Just wondering how many is the default number? One? Two? This is so I'll know how many "Extra" threads I have, as I know I have eight logical threads.
[Image: signat11.jpg]

My Guide to PCSX2 for Windows (outdated, but still generally accurate)

Sponsored links

The extra threads settings depends mainly on how many physical cores your cpu has. Normally PCSX2 has 2 heavy threads GS and EE, with MTvu that's 3. Soo max should be amount of cores in your cpu-2 or -3 if using MTvu, meaning 2 / 1 with mtvu extra threads on quad core cpu as yours.
You can always try more, if the game is light on EE/VU, but don't expect much gain except in extra temp;P.
Well mine's a quad-core, 8 threads.

Though, it doesn't seem to matter what I put the setting at, it doesn't do anything it seems. I can put the extra rendering threads to 90 and it doesn't seem to do anything.
[Image: signat11.jpg]

My Guide to PCSX2 for Windows (outdated, but still generally accurate)
Just try them numbers one by one, it's a rather quick test. You will clearly see which number is the best for your system.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]