Extract iso from PS2 Format USB HDD?
Hey,
I resurrected an old PS2 formatted HDD that has two or three game images archived on it (via Winhiip).

How can I extract as an iso, one of these games on the HDD to my laptop, via USB?

I remember loading the HDD by connecting it directly to the IDE cable in an old PC that I do not have anymore.

The utilities that I have come across seem to focus on moving ISO's to the HDD, not the other way around.

Thanks!

EDIT: Additionally, can I access the USB HDD from the emulator? Map the CD device to the USB HDD?

Sponsored links

No, PCSX2 currently doesn't emulate the PS2's HDD or USB functions. Also, it's not designed to read the format that PS2 HDD loaders use... Unfortunately I'm also not aware of any software for extracting those ISOs from said format either.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Sad 
Urrk!

The games are doomed! That really bites deep. So there is no extracting the game from the HDD and saving it elsewhere as an ISO? [lots of very naughty words indeed]

I guess I should submit a pwetty-pwease request to the ISO->HDD dev's...or start over. Yuck.

Thanks for the info'.

Cheers.
Tongue 
Success!

Using WinHiip v1.7.6 as administrator (Windows 7, right click) allowed me to extract the image from the PS2 formatted HDD to my Win7 HDD.

Again, running the emulator as administrator and selecting the ISO allowed the game to correctly load...

It's the simple things that trip you up.

Good luck to others.
Cheers.
(09-16-2011, 10:55 PM)Koji Wrote: No, PCSX2 currently doesn't emulate the PS2's HDD or USB functions. Also, it's not designed to read the format that PS2 HDD loaders use... Unfortunately I'm also not aware of any software for extracting those ISOs from said format either.

there is a plugin that emulates the PS2 hdd, fyi.