Extracting PS2 Game Files
I've noticed that this has been asked quite often and most of the threads have been closed down due to piracy and what not, but how do I extract the IRX and IDX files from the first Kingdom Hearts for the PS2 and display the hidden contents?

I do own a copy of the game (as seen in the photo, albeit the fact that my webcam kinda sucks...).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

what hidden content are you after? I don't think you can extract those files.

In fact you cannot even see the actual game content through windows explorer.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Some games have files that are hidden in a ways that you can't see it using normal tools.
The only program I know that can extract such data is IsoBuster and that program is not free.
The main things I'm wanting to extract are the dialog files. A friend is sending me Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix, and I want to know what is being said since I can't read Japanese fast enough at the moment.
(11-10-2013, 06:41 PM)Draygera Wrote: The main things I'm wanting to extract are the dialog files. A friend is sending me Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix, and I want to know what is being said since I can't read Japanese fast enough at the moment.

I'm pretty sure there are scripts to the game floating around online. Not posting links as I'm not sure if that is infringement or not. Google.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I'd rather we didn't share downloadable stuff please. Getting your hands on your own files they didn't want you to get at is iffy enough, downloading them from others is a big no no.

(11-10-2013, 06:56 PM)refraction Wrote: I'd rather we didn't share downloadable stuff please. Getting your hands on your own files they didn't want you to get at is iffy enough, downloading them from others is a big no no.

Me?
(11-10-2013, 06:58 PM)Draygera Wrote: Me?

If your friend is sending you an ISO, yes you too. If you are borrowing his disc, messing with it then planning on deleting it all afterwards, then no.

(11-10-2013, 07:05 PM)refraction Wrote: If your friend is sending you an ISO, yes you too. If you are borrowing his disc, messing with it then planning on deleting it all afterwards, then no.

Not an ISO. I'm getting a retail copy.
(11-10-2013, 07:10 PM)Draygera Wrote: Not an ISO. I'm getting a retail copy.

That's fine then, however my original post was aimed at Blyss, your apparent guilty conscience dragged you in to that Wink