Extreme Lag
I'm using PCSX2 with a BIOS from an NTSC console and the games I'm playing I am playing directly from the discs, but they are PAL discs. They all work, but with every one of them I get way too much lag. My computer far surpasses the recommended requirements, the only thing I can think is that the DVD-ROM drive is causing the lag somehow because it can't read from the disc fast enough as other games that I have tested using just .iso files but having not tested them straight from disc usually don't lag like this. Any ideas?

Sponsored links

Well............. usually i run all my games using the cdvdrom on pcsx2 with iso's, and it dosen't cause a problem. Try running a iso game on the cdvdrom on pcsx2, and see how that goes.

Did you also grab the beta and the plugins? Usually when i play a game on pcsx2, I make sure I don't have any cd's running on my drive.
CPU: Core i5 Processor 3330
GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
RAM: 16 GB
HDD: 1 TB
OS1: Windows 10
(08-22-2009, 06:09 PM)Dog2473 Wrote: Well............. usually i run all my games using the cdvdrom on pcsx2 with iso's, and it dosen't cause a problem. Try running a iso game on the cdvdrom on pcsx2, and see how that goes.

Did you also grab the beta and the plugins? Usually when i play a game on pcsx2, I make sure I don't have any cd's running on my drive.

I've just ripped a couple of the games and the exact same thing happens, they don't run any differently, I just grabbed the latest beta and plugins and configured them and once again the exact same thing happens.
Ok, did you enable any speed hacks, and did you check on the native resolution on gsdx?
(08-22-2009, 06:58 PM)Dog2473 Wrote: Ok, did you enable any speed hacks, and did you check on the native resolution on gsdx?

No speed hacks, I tried with and without native resolution which made no difference.
Hmm............ Well I really don't know what the problem is then. Maybe one of the more experienced members can help you.
Quote:My computer far surpasses the recommended requirements

Give more details, like CPU, GPU, OS, etc. Also, what game(s) are you trying to play?
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
List your computer specs and what games you're trying to run.

Some games won't hit full speed no matter what kind of computer you have, no point toiling around if that's the case.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
Yep, pc specs please, and the games you're trying to run.
Oh, and running them from a dvd WILL cause hickups and all that.
The problem is that pc dvd-rom drives are not designed for this task.
OK, I'll give PC specs and a brief rundown of the games and how they function.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 3GHz
Memory: 2GB DDR2 800MHz
GPU: GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB

and the games I've tried to run:

GTAWackoA, GTA:VC, Bully (Canis Canem Edit): These all act exactly the same, extremely laggy, when I go into a pause menu however they usually ran just fine.
Medal of Honor Rising Sun: Very laggy again but had moments where it was fine.
Red Faction: Wouldn't load at all.
Persona 4: Ran reasonably well, some glitchy graphics, and was still relatively prone to laggy moments.
MGS2: Ran flawlessly on the whole but had some extremely laggy moments.